Immigration thread

StrangeSox

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Kirstjen Nielsen: So I want to be clear on a couple things. The vast majority, vast, vast, majority of the children who are in the care of HHS right now, 10,000 of the 12,000, were sent here alone by their parents.That’s when they were separated. Somehow we’veconflated everything.

Oh, a quote from the lady who's said in one sentence that this isn't policy at all and in the next sentence defended the same policy? She's a liar. She lied all through her press conference yesterday. Her words are worthless.

For example, here are the actual numbers:

That's over 2000 children in a little over a month torn from their parents and tossed into cages.

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Notice I didn't quote you or ask you for obvious reasons. You are wrong here anyways.

From yesterday:

"SECRETARY NIELSEN:  The laws prohibit us from detaining families while they go through prosecution for illegally entering the border, and while they go through prosecutions for immigration proceedings.  If we close the loopholes, we can keep the families together, which is what they did in the last administration until a court ruled that we can no longer do that.  After 20 days, we have to release both unaccompanied children and accompanied children — which means that we cannot detain families together.  The only option is to not enforce the law at all."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/press-briefing-press-secretary-sarah-sanders-department-homeland-security-secretary-kirstjen-nielsen-061818/

Nielsen is a liar and her words are worthless. This is a deliberate policy. Sessions has defended it as deliberate policy. Trump admin notes and memos from earlier evaluated this as deliberate policy. Kelly defended it as deliberate policy.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Kirstjen Nielsen: So I want to be clear on a couple things. The vast majority, vast, vast, majority of the children who are in the care of HHS right now, 10,000 of the 12,000, were sent here alone by their parents.That’s when they were separated. Somehow we’veconflated everything.

So I’m supposed to believe the person who two days ago said this policy didn’t exist, then the next day said they were just enforcing the policy, and doesn’t know where the toddlers and little girls are?

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

Oh, a quote from the lady who's said in one sentence that this isn't policy at all and in the next sentence defended the same policy? She's a liar. She lied all through her press conference yesterday. Her words are worthless.

For example, here are the actual numbers:

That's over 2000 children in a little over a month torn from their parents and tossed into cages.

So why do you believe what this person tweets? There is nothing in those two tweets posted that back up what he is saying

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

So why do you believe what this person tweets? There is nothing in those two tweets posted that back up what he is saying

@SecNielsen

We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.

Lets let her contradict herself, shall we

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The American people are a welcoming and generous people. But those who enter our country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law. And because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked. Americans are right to demand better border security and better enforcement of the immigration laws.

Cool words from a fascist. I wonder if their next statement will include Trump's "infest" language.<--oh man tripped up by a bad quote from Obama, who was less than stellar in this area.

Why are you defending deliberately separating families and putting children into concentration camps.

Edited by StrangeSox

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

The American people are a welcoming and generous people. But those who enter our country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law. And because we live in an age where terrorists are challenging our borders, we simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, and unchecked. Americans are right to demand better border security and better enforcement of the immigration laws.

Why do certain people always live in the past? Just because Obama was wrong, doesnt mean that we should keep doing bad things.

Originally the US didnt let (insert) vote. Originally minorities werent treated equally. 

Does that mean we should just keep doing it?

Or are we all just sheeple, that never think for ourselves?

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

Cool words from a fascist. I wonder if their next statement will include Trump's "infest" language.

Why are you defending deliberately separating families and putting children into concentration camps.

Definitely an Obama quote from 2006.  With that being said, Obama did not separate families at the border, and also tailored his immigration enforcement to deportations of people with records.  But nice try anyway Rabbit...

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Why do certain people always live in the past? Just because Obama was wrong, doesnt mean that we should keep doing bad things.

Originally the US didnt let (insert) vote. Originally minorities werent treated equally. 

Does that mean we should just keep doing it?

Or are we all just sheeple, that never think for ourselves?

It still doesnt explain separating kids from their families.  Kids young enough to be in diapers.  Even anti-immigration people have zero legs to stand on with this policy.  Zero.

2 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

Definitely an Obama quote from 2006.  With that being said, Obama did not separate families at the border, and also tailored his immigration enforcement to deportations of people with records.  But nice try anyway Rabbit...

whoops, I am owned. it was similar to language Nielsen used recently to defend Trump's family separation policy.

Obama's response to the surge in 2013-2014 was also bad and inexcusable, for whatever that's worth.

1 minute ago, illinilaw08 said:

Haha I saw that one a mile away. Its a pretty common tactic in certain circles, so I was pretty confident that I was right.

1 minute ago, RockRaines said:

It still doesnt explain separating kids from their families.  Kids young enough to be in diapers.  Even anti-immigration people have zero legs to stand on with this policy.  Zero.

THEY ARE JUST ENFORCING THE LAWS WHICH IS GODS WORK. LAWS ARE NEVER WRONG. GOVT IS ALWAYS RIGHT. I DO NOT THINK FOR MYSELF.

That is their argument. 

Id rather vote for erasing every restriction on immigration than give them a dollar for the wall.

And our economy and country would be better off. Immigration is the future of America, but we are being run by guys living in the past. Next up, how can we revitalize the horse and buggy industry. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Id rather vote for erasing every restriction on immigration than give them a dollar for the wall.

And our economy and country would be better off. Immigration is the future of America, but we are being run by guys living in the past. Next up, how can we revitalize the horse and buggy industry. 

Already reviving the coal industry because yay

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Already reviving the coal industry because yay

Tax plan isnt going over as well as they wanted, immigration stuff is next, whoops.  Next, the ACA.  Keeps trying to energize his bullshit base.

24 minutes ago, yoyozuna said:

This is seriously ridiculous. I think we are all for LEGAL immigration but they are abusing the system. Also since when did SOXTALK go political?

I think you are wrong. I think some people want no immigration. 

Soxtalk has had political arguments since the beginning of time. 

• Quin locked this topic
  • Quin unlocked this topic