Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StrangeSox

Immigration thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Trumps EO is the most significant presidential move on immigration in half a century according to Trump.

The EO against his policy that his admin put in place that never existed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A photo of Nison (aka Max) Miller stares out from the screen, sullen and stern, in faded black and white. “Order of Court Denying Petition” is the title of the government form dated “14th November 1932,” to which it is attached, the one in which Miller is applying for naturalization as an American citizen.

And beneath the photo, the reason given for his denial: Ignorance.

Nison Miller is the great-grandfather of White House adviser Stephen Miller, who has taken credit for being one of the chief architects of the administration’s family separation policy. And this 85-year-old document is just one bit of ammunition in a campaign being waged by the unofficial band that goes by the hashtag #Resistance Genealogy.

Believing that the past is prologue, they search online archives for nuggets about the ancestors of public figures and politicians who disparage today’s immigrants. They use tools they developed as a personal hobby to make the point that people like Miller are holding newcomers to a standard that their own forebears could not meet.

“Unless your ancestors came on a slave ship or you’re Native American,” you came here as an immigrant, says Jennifer Mendelsohn, who created the #resistancegenealogy hashtag last summer after Republican congressman Steve King or Iowa was quoted as saying “We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.” So she went on a genealogy website and quickly documented that King’s own grandmother was one such baby, arriving in 1894 from Germany as a 4-year-old, along with her infant siblings.

 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aide-stephen-miller-meet-great-grandfather-flunked-naturalization-test-203424658.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

The EO against his policy that his admin put in place that never existed. 

Big win. He's a very compassionate man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much like Frampton, Ivanka comes alive:

 

 "Thank you @POTUS for taking critical action ending family separation at our border,"

 

Are these people serious? How stupid do they take the American public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Much like Frampton, Ivanka comes alive:

 

 "Thank you @POTUS for taking critical action ending family separation at our border,"

 

Are these people serious? How stupid do they take the American public.

They've been proven correct.  Much of the public is very stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivanka saved the day again!  What a moderating force for good....

 

After Trump's Capitol Hill meeting, Rep. Carlos Curbelo, R-Fla., said the president "mentioned that his daughter Ivanka encouraged him to end this. And he said that he does recognize that it needs to end, that the images are painful."

As he signed the executive order Wednesday, Trump stressed that he had heard from his daughter, saying, "Ivanka feels very strongly" and "I think anybody with a heart would feel very strongly about it. We don't like to see families separated."

White House spokesman Raj Shah said Ivanka Trump had made calls to congressional leaders, advocating for a fix. She was at a meeting Wednesday between Trump and lawmakers at the White House.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meltdown in Duluth: Trump yells at protesters and 'elites' at rally

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meltdown-duluth-trump-yells-protesters-elites-rally-130345147.html

 

Twice, Trump paused while security forces ejected protesters. “Get ’em outta here!” Trump roared. While the second one was being given the bum’s rush, Trump sneered, “Go home to your mommy, darling! Get him outta here. Out! Was that a man or a woman? Because he needs a haircut more than I do!” It was like a 1960s flashback, with law-and-order politicians like George Wallace yelling about long-haired hippies.

Trump’s anger at the protesters was revealing. I’ve watched nearly all of his rallies, and he has never been this intent on seeing any sign of protest erased. He really lingered on watching the protesting people being removed from his sight — he stared silently, glaring. It was as though Trump resented any disruption in the last place he can get unconditional love anymore — he feels beleaguered in the current state of his presidency.

At another point, his stream-of-consciousness riffing led him to this nugget about his perceived enemies: “They always call the other side ‘the elites.’ Why are they the elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.” Aside from being the sort of childish brag a child would be embarrassed to be caught saying, does someone actually need to tell Trump it’s his side that calls liberals “the elite”?

And when I refer to “his side,” I of course include Fox News, which was airing the rally. Indeed, it was the only cable news outlet to do so, and Fox really wanted you to know it. The channel put this unusual chyron onscreen beneath Trump: “Trump Rally Live & Only on Fox News. Other Networks Ignore Presidential Rally.” I’ll give you the rough translation of that: “Fearless leader speaks: State television must broadcast.”

Trump ranted and raved with unusual bitterness this night. It’s clear that on this, the evening after he was forced to back down from his new policy to have some migrant children removed from their parents detained at the border, he was feeling besieged. It led to forced jollity — “Is there anything more fun than a Trump rally?” he asked — and there was a strained quality to his unceasing self-promotion. Toward the end, he interrupted his own thoughts to bellow, “It’s the greatest phrase, I think, in the history of American politics: Make America great again!” It was a clear case of a man trying to convince himself that things aren’t as bad as they seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Meltdown in Duluth: Trump yells at protesters and 'elites' at rally

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meltdown-duluth-trump-yells-protesters-elites-rally-130345147.html

 

Twice, Trump paused while security forces ejected protesters. “Get ’em outta here!” Trump roared. While the second one was being given the bum’s rush, Trump sneered, “Go home to your mommy, darling! Get him outta here. Out! Was that a man or a woman? Because he needs a haircut more than I do!” It was like a 1960s flashback, with law-and-order politicians like George Wallace yelling about long-haired hippies.

Trump’s anger at the protesters was revealing. I’ve watched nearly all of his rallies, and he has never been this intent on seeing any sign of protest erased. He really lingered on watching the protesting people being removed from his sight — he stared silently, glaring. It was as though Trump resented any disruption in the last place he can get unconditional love anymore — he feels beleaguered in the current state of his presidency.

At another point, his stream-of-consciousness riffing led him to this nugget about his perceived enemies: “They always call the other side ‘the elites.’ Why are they the elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.” Aside from being the sort of childish brag a child would be embarrassed to be caught saying, does someone actually need to tell Trump it’s his side that calls liberals “the elite”?

And when I refer to “his side,” I of course include Fox News, which was airing the rally. Indeed, it was the only cable news outlet to do so, and Fox really wanted you to know it. The channel put this unusual chyron onscreen beneath Trump: “Trump Rally Live & Only on Fox News. Other Networks Ignore Presidential Rally.” I’ll give you the rough translation of that: “Fearless leader speaks: State television must broadcast.”

Trump ranted and raved with unusual bitterness this night. It’s clear that on this, the evening after he was forced to back down from his new policy to have some migrant children removed from their parents detained at the border, he was feeling besieged. It led to forced jollity — “Is there anything more fun than a Trump rally?” he asked — and there was a strained quality to his unceasing self-promotion. Toward the end, he interrupted his own thoughts to bellow, “It’s the greatest phrase, I think, in the history of American politics: Make America great again!” It was a clear case of a man trying to convince himself that things aren’t as bad as they seem.

Isn't elite a term Reps came up with for Dems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Isn't elite a term Reps came up with for Dems?

Coastal elites especially.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that Trump, born rich and living in New York penthouses his whole life can call anyone else "elitist"  without people laughing in his face is a telling sign of people paying attention to anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

The fact that Trump, born rich and living in New York penthouses his whole life can call anyone else "elitist"  without people laughing in his face is a telling sign of people paying attention to anything.


Trump is mad people arent calling him elite. His whole life all he has wanted to do is fit in with the ultra rich. It burns him so bad that he really isnt as rich as he claims, and thats why he goes to such great lengths to lie and talk about his wealth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant recall who said this, maybe Dennis Miller before last election was "the best thing Hillary has going for her is Trump.....but the best thing Trump has going for him is Hillary Clinton" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

what was hell is wrong with these people I mean goddamn.  Can’t even try to look good with a PR appearance without being completely tone deaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

 

what was hell is wrong with these people I mean goddamn.  Can’t even try to look good with a PR appearance without being completely tone deaf

 

I think her jacket answers her question. She really doesnt care. 

BE YOUR BEST AT NOT CARING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

 

what was hell is wrong with these people I mean goddamn.  Can’t even try to look good with a PR appearance without being completely tone deaf

Be Best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

 

what was hell is wrong with these people I mean goddamn.  Can’t even try to look good with a PR appearance without being completely tone deaf

The Trumps are like, really smart.  Donald, Ivanka and Jr. were once on Howard Stern and he asked them what  87 +36 or numbers similar equaled. They were 0 for 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

48 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

SHould it really be surprising that shes also a POS?  look who she married

This has got to be one of those things done as a distraction, right?  Nobody can be this oblivious, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% intentional and likely to distract.

Who the f*** wears a jacket to Texas in late June?

Edited by BigSqwert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, raBBit said:

I wouldn't be shocked if FLOTUS is actually speaking to DJT as opposed to speaking to the situation or public. I wouldn't be shocked if she actually agrees with all of you and is doing your bidding. But why let the story develop when you can just just assume the worst from the get go. Look at the venom that precedes this post though. Melania Trump doesn't do anything. I know she hilariously made me her mission online bullying. Now she's one of the biggest targets of online bullying when she doesn't even do anything public or controversial. She had a procedure and CNN made up alternative nefarious scenarios that could be actually happening and presented it as news. There was no basis or catalyst event. It was just made up and treated as news.

In any case, I think it's a poor fashion choice in her position to basically throw out some subliminal message. She's supposed to be above that. I don't think it's a big deal nor are there significant affected parties other than herself. But man, so much hate towards her. All of Trump's family. You guys take this stuff very personally. I just wonder what the response would have been if someone said similar things about Michelle Obama. The ensuing racist/sexist condemnations could only be overshadowed by the virtue signals I am sure. 

 

Imagine Michelle Obama had visited poor white Appalachian kids (hooked on opioids) in that same outfit.   She would be hung in effigy throughout the former states of the Confederacy.   Outraged 24 hour coverage, guaranteed.

You would still be hearing about it on Fox decades from now....whereas all this Melania stuff will simply blow over in one or two news cycles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, raBBit said:

I wouldn't be shocked if FLOTUS is actually speaking to DJT as opposed to speaking to the situation or public. I wouldn't be shocked if she actually agrees with all of you and is doing your bidding. But why let the story develop when you can just just assume the worst from the get go. Look at the venom that precedes this post though. Melania Trump doesn't do anything. I know she hilariously made me her mission online bullying. Now she's one of the biggest targets of online bullying when she doesn't even do anything public or controversial. She had a procedure and CNN made up alternative nefarious scenarios that could be actually happening and presented it as news. There was no basis or catalyst event. It was just made up and treated as news.

In any case, I think it's a poor fashion choice in her position to basically throw out some subliminal message. She's supposed to be above that. I don't think it's a big deal nor are there significant affected parties other than herself. But man, so much hate towards her. All of Trump's family. You guys take this stuff very personally. I just wonder what the response would have been if someone said similar things about Michelle Obama. The ensuing racist/sexist condemnations could only be overshadowed by the virtue signals I am sure. 

 

Coming from you, that line is priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, raBBit said:

when she doesn't even do anything public or controversial.

 

LOL. You'd be a good fill-in for Tucker Carlson when he needs a day off.

 

Not controversial? Then why all the controversy all over the news about her jacket decision?  This is a woman who wears only top of the line, expensive designer clothing every other day but decides to wear a cheap Zara jacket with those words on a very hot day.  And those words...given the place she's visiting and the increased hysteria over the family separations? GMAFB. Stop being so obtuse.  

Edited by BigSqwert
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, raBBit said:

But why let the story develop when you can just just assume the worst from the get go.

 

What more do you think will develop?  Which conflicting statement are we supposed to believe?   The First Lady's spokesman said it was not directed at anyone in particular and was "just a jacket", but the President said it was directed at the media. Both can not be true.

As you said, it's hard to believe that a fashion model picked that jacket out of the blue and didn't mean anything by it.  But it's also hard to believe that if it was directed at the media, the White House and the First Lady wouldn't have their story straight. 

When it's proven that one or both lie constantly, and getting a straight answer is near impossible, people are going to wonder why and make assumptions that are not going to be flattering to liars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

LOL. You'd be a good fill-in for Tucker Carlson when he needs a day off.

 

Not controversial? Then why all the controversy all over the news about her jacket decision?  This is a woman who wears only top of the line, expensive designer clothing every other day but decides to wear a cheap Zara jacket with those words on a very hot day.  And those words...given the place she's visiting and the increased hysteria over the family separations? GMAFB. Stop being so obtuse.  

Her husband literally said she wore it on purpose to make a statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×