GT: Indians @ White Sox - 1:10/2:10ET

Eminor3rd

20 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If I remember correctly Rodon started changing his fastball speed throughout the game, he can still bring it up to the mid 90s

Yes but problem is he seems to have a lot of damage done to him last couple of years when he's in the low 90s with his fastball

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Games like this one is why sometimes I think of Rodon as left handed Rich Harden. 70 pitches through 3 IP is bad. 

He has always had control issues and always will because of the poor follow through and finish he uses.

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He isn't a full strength yet. If this is bad Carlos, Rodon is going to be an ace.

He should be pretty close with 9 months of rehab, the throwing program and the Arizona and minor league starts. He may not have the endurance yet but he did ramp up to near 100 pitches in a start. This is more like the third week ofthe season for him.

Edit: Im too old this new tablet is tough to type on accurrately.

Edited by ptatc

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He isn't a full strength yet. If this is bad Carlos, Rodon is going to be an ace.

I agree with you on this observation. Carlos might have been going through rest and rehab but game action is a different animal. He seems a bit rusty as evidenced by missing his spots and a some wildness but at other times he shows gold speed. He just needs more game action 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I agree with you on this observation. Carlos might have been going through rest and rehab but game action is a different animal. He seems a bit rusty as evidenced by missing his spots and a some wildness but at other times he shows gold speed. He just needs more game action 

I could be wrong but it seems like whenever he starts to get into a good rhythm on the mound he has an injury setback.  It would be really nice if he could just make every start the rest of the year.  He needs experience even though he's now in his 4th year.

Two weeks ago, I was thrilled with the idea of watching Palka & Davidson battle it out for the remainder of the year for the starting DH spot in 2019.

Now, I’d rather put a nail in my eyeballs over watching either of them hit.

Edited by soxfan49