Great Falls Roster Released

Sleepy Harold

2 hours ago, bmags said:

It's like an all LatAm infield and all college outfield. Wonder if AZ will be the reverse of that, all college infield and all LatAm outfield.

I think AZL will be all HS and Latin everything. Those guys all have to go there. On the position player side in Arizona you are looking at this: 

Catcher: Kleyder Sanchez , Tyrus Greene (16th rder), Gabriel Ortiz (19 rder), Jose Colina

1B: Sam Abbott (8th rd 2017), Harvin Mendoza

Infield: Lency Delgado, Kelvin Maldonado, Bryant Nova, Sydney Pimentel (2017 intl signing), Camilo Quintero (2017 intl signing), 

Outfield: Cabera Weaver, Anderson Comas, Anthony Coronado, Josue Guerrero, Luis Mieses. All 2016-2017 international signings plus the 7th round pick Weaver. 

I have no idea where Franklin Reyes is. Maybe he's going to Kannapolis 

Oh dang yeah forgot that Pimentel and Quintero were not on DSL. Realized going back through our signings that they are all accounted for on Gfalls, missed players like Romy Gonzalez on outfield.

Ryan Fitzpatric only guy I don't see on Gfalls.

6 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

If true, does this seem like a remedial appointment for Walker?  Would it only be a brief stop?  Victim of to many OFers?  I would guess a 2nd round advanced OFer would probably be headed to Kanny.

Until there are some promotions ahead of Kannapolis, you have both Luis Robert and Luis Gonzalez in Kanny.  If they want him playing CF, it isn't going to happen there.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Until there are some promotions ahead of Kannapolis, you have both Luis Robert and Luis Gonzalez in Kanny.  If they want him playing CF, it isn't going to happen there.

While true, in theory, those could/should be happening before he is signed and assigned correct?   I guess we don't know for sure, but isn't that wave of promotions expected very soon?

24 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

While true, in theory, those could/should be happening before he is signed and assigned correct?   I guess we don't know for sure, but isn't that wave of promotions expected very soon?

Yeah a lot of movement is expected next week/after the All-Star break's wrap up is my guess.  

29 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

About the same time, yes.  But I am going to guess with the glut of OF in the system along with the extended injury time Walker has missed this season, they won't free up enough spots and Walker will play the season in GF.

9 hours ago, turnin' two said:

If true, does this seem like a remedial appointment for Walker?  Would it only be a brief stop?  Victim of to many OFers?  I would guess a 2nd round advanced OFer would probably be headed to Kanny.

Who?

Where do you think Walker will rank on our prospect list, especially the list of outfielders? He will obviously be behind Eloy and Robert, and probably Rutherford, but could he be above Adolfo and Basabe?

Edited by Lillian

29 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Where do you think Walker will rank on our prospect list, especially the list of outfielders? He will obviously be behind Eloy and Robert, and probably Rutherford, but could he be above Adolfo and Basabe?

I don't believe so. I'd have him right around 12-13. I have Adolfo and Basabe 9 and 10 in the system. Luis Gonzalez, Rutherford and Walker are likely 11-13 in some order 

8 hours ago, Lillian said:

My rankings:

• 1) Jimenez
  • 2) Robert
  • 3) Adolfo
  • 4) Basabe
  • 5) Rutherford
  • 6) Gonzalez
  • 7) Steele

I’m really interested in the development of Luis Mieses. I think out of all our international signings besides Roberts. He’s the one player that has the potential to explode. Twitchy and toolsy player. I’m really interested what the scouts have to say about his progress. 

2 hours ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I’m really interested in the development of Luis Mieses. I think out of all our international signings besides Roberts. He’s the one player that has the potential to explode. Twitchy and toolsy player. I’m really interested what the scouts have to say about his progress. 

Yes he had a nice write-up when he was signed. Last year he basically held his own and it seems like this year he's really matured. Would love if we could find some thoughts on him, maybe will be easier in a few weeks if he keeps it up.