7 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

If their rotation in July 2020 is...

Kopech

Rodon

Cease

Hansen

Lopez

...you’d be surprised?

You'd like to think so, but I would be. I don't count Rodon really, because he has proven he can get MLB hitters out at the very least at a bottom of the rotation level. If 2/4 of those pitchers stick in the rotation, let alone become #1-2 level guys, we should be ecstatic. There are going to be more out of this group that don't cut it at all in the Majors than do. Expecting to have the same success rate as the Cubs and Astros is like expecting to win the Mega Millions or Powerball with one ticket. It happens, so you know it can, but the odds are incredibly stacked against you. It is more likely that none of them stick in the majors than one of them becomes an ace. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I deleted it because I saw the 3rd base comps, which he's improved upon. Almost all his errors have been due to having to speed up, which is likely due to inexperience there.  I still stand by my belief they will upgrade there this offseason and I think it's Moustakas or bust.

The Sox should offer Arenado a blank check next year and hope he signs. I'd take him over Machado any day of the week. Moustakas would be a good consolation prize though.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox should offer Arenado a blank check next year and hope he signs. I'd take him over Machado any day of the week. Moustakas would be a good consolation prize though.

By no means do I dislike Yolmer. I've said for two years now he can be a super utility player on a contender 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

He is fighting his mechanics, but these pitches at 89 were changeups at least according to pitch f/x.

Nope, definitely fastballs. Change was around 81 this inning. He's thrown a few at 92-93 since. Probably just gassed earlier due to the heat

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Great discussion there about MLB realignment. I’d like to see them go for realignment how it happened in the NHL assuming expansion in Portland & Vegas.

I’d be pissed if they went to radical realignment with the Cubs and Sox playing each other every month. 

And the 4-team division idea is stupid. Won’t work in baseball. 

If they go to 32, it would have to be 4 divisions of 8 teams.

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I disagree. The Sox are roughly ~20 deep in good to great MLB prospects. If they get  2 all stars, 3  solid MLB regulars and 2-3 bench players/relievers out of the whole group of 20 that is actually an incredible scouting job. If they get 3 or 4 MLB players total, that is average, and if they get 5 MLB players total out of the group that is really good. Scouting hasn't become so accurate that you hit on 50% of these guys, that isn't how it works. If they hit on 30% that is incredible under most circumstances. The fact that the Cubs missed on virtually nobody and the Astros missed on 4-5 guys only is incredible generational luck. 

The Cubs and Astros have been both lucky and very very good at identifying talent.Whoever has been scouting Latin America for the Cubs over the past decade is a fucking boss.

Wow... That was actually a really, really nice piece of hitting. lol

Take a good look folks, might be the only time Omar Navarez ever comes through like that.

Edited by Richie

27 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Why offer him a blank check?  So he can pig all their money to himself?

1 minute ago, Insp said:

Narvaez must really, really want to be ahead of Smith in Renteria's assessment.

He's making it so Ricky can't close the book on him. However, his defense is still a big liability and Smith has also been swinging it very good. 

• Like 1