Tigers @ White Sox

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He didn't, they were content with losing.  

Yeah, was gonna say. It was nearly an identical situation to the current White Sox. They just wanted a manager that the young guys would take to and would be easy to have around while they stunk the joint up. 

Just now, Richie said:

Yeah, was gonna say. It was nearly an identical situation to the current White Sox. They just wanted a manager that the young guys would take to and would be easy to have around while they stunk the joint up. 

Yep, Cubs just wanted a babysitter for Castro and Rizzo

Just now, fathom said:

Yesterday was horrible too, but he threw Volstad under the bus instead of taking blame.

I didn't see/hear that. This is very disappointing managing of late. The team HAD been playing better, there are / were some signs for a nice 2nd half, but this guy keeps doing this nonsense. I am livid he used up Rondon and Avilan to get two hitters and is then stuck with friggin gas can Manaya and his 8.00 ERA... You pitch guys like Minaya in 8-0 games until they EARN the right to comeinto a tie game. Ricky FAIL 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

I didn't see/hear that. This is very disappointing managing of late. The team HAD been playing better, there are / were some signs for a nice 2nd half, but this guy keeps doing this nonsense. I am livid he used up Rondon and Avilan to get two hitters and is then stuck with friggin gas can Manaya and his 8.00 ERA... You pitch guys like Minaya in 8-0 games until they EARN the right to comeinto a tie game. Ricky FAIL 

When a manager blames his long man in the bullpen for not getting out the second best hitter in baseball with an open base in the 7th inning, you have to wonder about the leadership.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hard contact, yet another 0-4 game for him.  I would move him out of leadoff spot, as maybe he will be more aggressive 

That might help. Seems like he is starting to get some better contact lately.