Joe Girardi 

Raul Ibanez - Dodgers Special Assistant to GM

Brad Ausmus - Angels Special Assistant

Brandon Hyde - Cubs Bench Coach/Has ties to the Sox

Chris Woodward - Dodgers Third Base Coach

Sandy Alomar Jr. - Indians First Base Coach/Has ties to the Sox

Bo Porter - Braves Special Assistant

Jayce Tingler - Rangers Special Assistant

Josh Paul - Angels Bench Coach/Has ties to the Sox/Angels Catcher who dropped the third strike on AJ in the 2005 ALCS

I was all for the Sox going after and hiring Gabe Kapler to replace Robin Ventura. Now, I still want someone who fits that mold. 

Girardi will be our manager next season (provided he has no ghosts; I know nothing about his personal life, etc.)

• Haha 1

Ricky seems like a great guy and good player's manager.  But I hate his in game decision making, and I hope the Sox aim a tad higher when they are trying to win major league baseball games.  I wouldn't hate moving in a new direction after this season. 

When a team plays as poorly as the Sox did against Cleveland this series, its because they've given up all hope of ever winning with such a worthless, feckless manager.

Fire Ricky Renteria so we can have a real rebuild, not just years of constant losing.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Insp said:

8 minutes ago, Insp said:

Fire Ricky Renteria so we can have a real rebuild, not just years of constant losing.

Theo Epstein agrees 

Edited by DH in the NL
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Insp said:

When a team plays as poorly as the Sox did against Cleveland this series, its because they've given up all hope of ever winning with such a worthless, feckless manager.

Not necessarily. This lineup is one of the worst in Sox history. The pitching staff ditto. The Sox actually played .500 ball for what, 2.5 weeks or something? That will be remembered as the one good stretch this season. This team is abysmal and no manager could win more games than RR has. That said, the fact RR utilizes the bunt means he should not be our manager. Our team is NEW WAVE with the rebuild; our team is heavily into statnik-dom. For the GM to allow bunting, when ALL studies indicate ALL BUNTS are insane, means something is wrong. In the interview process they should have told Rick, no bunting EVER. It's a nonsequitir that he is manager.

Mark this day on your "statnik" calender folks. 

Anyway. Saying this team is bad is nothing more than stating the obvious. Young players take time to develop, a plethora of injuries and a bullpen that has Soria as the closer. Did anyone really expect more?

15 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Mark this day on your "statnik" calender folks. 

Anyway. Saying this team is bad is nothing more than stating the obvious. Young players take time to develop, a plethora of injuries and a bullpen that has Soria as the closer. Did anyone really expect more?

Given how they played the last month of last season and in the spring I expected better at least fundamentally. Not saying they were going to contend, or come close to a winning record, I just thought they would be progressing better overall.

They aren't...and now you've got one of their own (Lopez) questioning their attitude and intensity. That reflects back on the manager and coaching staff if it is in fact true. 

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't wait to hear the meltdown about ex-players.

If they named Omar (who coached in another organization last year), Rowand or even AJ, most Sox fans would be okay with it.

Thome, maybe?  Konerko would be more like the Ventura move.  McDowell probably would never happen.

Frank Thomas would seem to have more thecpersonality of a hitting coach/mentor, similar to Thome.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If they named Omar (who coached in another organization last year), Rowand or even AJ, most Sox fans would be okay with it.

Thome, maybe?  Konerko would be more like the Ventura move.  McDowell probably would never happen.

Frank Thomas would seem to have more thecpersonality of a hitting coach/mentor, similar to Thome.

I wouldn’t be ok with Rowand or A.J. If only we could get Hahn to admit Omar is being groomed for the next manager’s job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scott Merkin was asked this question about Girardi at White Sox.com:

How long do you see Renteria leading the rebuild? And do you think the White Sox will go after an experienced manager like Joe Girardi? I don't see Renteria being the manager when the team is ready to contend.
-- @JH_Santiago21

Renteria has an excellent grasp on what the organization is trying to do through this rebuild, putting his clear imprint on the process, and he has full support of the front office, his staff and the players. I understand Girardi is the big-name free agent with Chicago ties, but look for Renteria to stay at the helm of this team for the immediate and foreseeable future.

• Thanks 1