GT: Detroit @ Chicago, 1:10 CT, 6/16/18

soxfan49

This has to give with Moncada soon. The majority of his AB's recently, he's put good swings on the ball consistently. That wasn't a rocket, obviously. Still a line drive right at an outfielder. 

They're gonna drop for a 2-3 hit day any time now. They have to.

Edited by Richie

I hope all of those who want Giolito sent down understand that you're punting on him at that point. You're saying that he's not going to figure it out here or ever.  He's going to get caught in a numbers game next year in the spring, while being out of options. They can afford to give him every opportunity to figure it out in the Bigs. Why lose that flexibility? 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Although I agree with you, just because we are rebuilding doesn't mean our prospects should look this awful. It's tough to deal with losing, even if you know bad times are coming. I'm not expecting them to be great right now but I want to see significant progress towards the end of the year. 

Ohhh I agree. But the constant nagging and moaning is getting stupid and ridiculous

Just now, JoshPR said:

Ohhh I agree. But the constant nagging and moaning is getting stupid and ridiculous

So you don't like nagging and moaning, so you nag and moan about people nagging and moaning. Ignoring those posts you don't like was never an option?

31 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

As bad as the results have been, Gio has had some flashes of positivity in this start IMO. It's nice to see he's gotten the Tigers to swing through and miss a few bats. Still a massive work in progress though.

Yes. only 2 BB and 6 K in 5.1 IP is progress. He's starting to miss bats, which is good, his stuff seems to be returning both with velocity and crispness on the curveball. I'm pretty sure his problems are physical(meaning mechanics) and you have to give him time to fix it. It is going  to take time. It is going to be really bad at times during the process, but if he figures it out and be comes a top 3 pitcher in a rotation it will all be worth it. Sending him to AAA accomplishes nothing in his development. It can only hurt, and does nothing to help. He made 2 mistakes today to the same guy and it cost him 5 runs. That could happen to anyone. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, kwolf68 said:

So you don't like nagging and moaning, so you nag and moan about people nagging and moaning. Ignoring those posts you don't like was never an option?

No when you get 5 pages in the game thread and 4 are complaining it gets old. Once thing is making comments about thing but the same rant on every pitch or mistake... Well