Avi

Richie

1 HR 4 RBI's .308 BA 1.092 OPS with Charlotte since beginning his rehab assignment last week. 

Can we (for the love of god) end the Trayce Thompson era and get Avi back here? I don't care about losing right now, but having an everyday outfielder who is hitting .118 is legitimately embarrassing.

I feel bad for the guy. Have some mercy on him. I'm sure there's high school kids who'd think it'd be super cool to have him as a manager. He should be DFA'd to the concession stand. 

9 hours ago, Richie said:

1 HR 4 RBI's .308 BA 1.092 OPS with Charlotte since beginning his rehab assignment last week. 

Can we (for the love of god) end the Trayce Thompson era and get Avi back here? I don't care about losing right now, but having an everyday outfielder who is hitting .118 is legitimately embarrassing.

I feel bad for the guy. Have some mercy on him. I'm sure there's high school kids who'd think it'd be super cool to have him as a manager. He should be DFA'd to the concession stand. 

I heard on the Sox Machine Podcast that the dude is 3 for 58 at home this year. 

He is literally almost an automatic out. Like the literal definition.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I wonder if Trayce can take up another sport or if it's too late. ... Independent League here he comes?

I've always wondered what it must be like in a family such as his. In one case, he is one of the few people to make it to the majors (but the worst among the best). On the other hand, his brother is carving out a very successful career. Family dinners must be awkward...

13 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Relax.  Whenever Avi is ready he will be in RF for the White Sox.  Sadly it would have been Palka out there if he could catch a ball at least as well as a little leaguer.

I am kidding about Thompson. I am sick of seeing him out there, but clearly - I am being hyperbolic with the extreme I am going with it. 

Bat call to @ptatc, who can tell you how smart it is to be incredibly cautious coming back from a re-aggregated soft tissue injury mid season.

When Avi gets to the big leagues he's gonna subconsciously (and consciously at times) push that hammie a little harder.

Avi is a horse man, he runs hard all the time, it's his most redeeming quality as a player imo.  But, a lot like Eaton, that's why he's always fucking injured.  Some guys just can't go balls to the wall every play and hold up over 162 games.

And if Avi re-injures himself any trade considerations are dead in the water.  That is not an acceptable outcome for anyone IMO. 

So in way more words than SS2K said: be patient.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Bat call to @ptatc, who can tell you how smart it is to be incredibly cautious coming back from a re-aggregated soft tissue injury mid season.

When Avi gets to the big leagues he's gonna subconsciously (and consciously at times) push that hammie a little harder.

Avi is a horse man, he runs hard all the time, it's his most redeeming quality as a player imo.  But, a lot like Eaton, that's why he's always fucking injured.  Some guys just can't go balls to the wall every play and hold up over 162 games.

And if Avi re-injures himself any trade considerations are dead in the water.  That is not an acceptable outcome for anyone IMO. 

I agree about the trade angle. However, just overall - if he has a muscle that's going to go. It's going to go. Therefore, he shouldn't be playing, at all. You don't put a guy in a game if you think he could have a setback at any moment, simply from playing the game at 100%.

7 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Hes had enough time to heal. They wouldnt have him out there if it wasnt 100%. The issue will be the scar tissue in injury site. There always is some and it will make it more likely for him to injure it again. Its not a guarantee but more likely. 

• Like 1