Promotions/Releases/Demotions of Sox System

GenericUserName

Seby up over Collins might get some people here alittle peeved but I don't mind. I'm glad both guys will get significant playing time at catcher for their respected affiliates. Kinda cool how Collins got promoted last year first over Zavala and now Seby gets the nod this year. 

Cease, Basabe, Call and Booker to Birmingham makes sense. I would guess and infielder and Flores go as well as Dopico. 

Hamilton, Eloy and Zavala to Charlotte makes sense as well. 

I'm guessing Robert, Gonzalez, Rivera, Henzman, and Johnson to Winston Salem. Possibly Battenfield as well.

The Zavala move makes a lot of sense. He'll be in the discussion as the major league backup next year. He must be added to the 40-man in December to be protected from Rule 5. Kopech, Cease, Stephens and Adams need to be added as well 

Players sorta interested in seeing what happens:

Mendick - may be a bit premature but he handled AA well so far

Remillard - Old for W-S, mostly fodder, but has performed well at High-A, though his lack of power could be rough in birmingham.

3 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

I'm going to guess Tyler Johnson, Luis Robert, and Luis Gonzalez are all up.

I think it's time for a Rivera promotion to. He's hitting .348.

3 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

Kind of surprised no Collins but that won't be long either, presumably.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So a catcher, a reliever, and an OF have to move out of Charlotte.

They will also be getting Jose Rondon back and it wouldn't surprise me if Mendick were to go up as well. I think Thompson and Garneau both get DFA. Saunders, Giovatella, Perez, Roach, Scahill etc all release candidates. 

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Kind of surprised no Collins but that won't be long either, presumably.

I think it's a good thing for him. AA competition is harder anyway, and now he can actually catch and work on his defense rather than DH half of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I think it's a good thing for him. AA competition is harder anyway, and now he can actually catch and work on his defense rather than DH half of the time. 

And a pitchers park instead of a bandbox

It's not monumental, but obviously the promotion of Zavala over Collins isn't based on play but some other consideration. That is unless there is some large, unreported disparity in their defensive development

Just now, Jake said:

It's not monumental, but obviously the promotion of Zavala over Collins isn't based on play but some other consideration. That is unless there is some large, unreported disparity in their defensive development

Personally I think they just want them to each get regular playing time, and Zavala is older and perhaps slightly better defensively. I have no doubt that Collins' bat is MLB ready but his defense needs work still 

7 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They will also be getting Jose Rondon back and it wouldn't surprise me if Mendick were to go up as well. I think Thompson and Garneau both get DFA. Saunders, Giovatella, Perez, Roach, Scahill etc all release candidates. 

Yep, the White Sox will be getting Leury and Avi back in short order, so that is two extra players that have to be accounted for somehow.  Whatever is in Charlotte today PLUS probably Rondon and Thompson.  I think Trayce probably is a DFA candidate at the very least.  Alfredo Gonzalez could well be the person to move out of Charlotte behind the plate, as he brought nothing to the table, then again I haven't seen Garneau, but his numbers look pretty awful too.

I really think Saunders and Pressley are the two most likely OFs to go, plus I think you are right on Giovatella too.

Guess we are assuming Dave actually knows or made some pretty safe guesses. Anyone think there will be a few more to Birmingham and Charlotte ? Major props to Caulfield for being spot on about when the promotions would happen despite others being soooo sure he was wrong.

9 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

While he will not hold anyone back, I don't see Roach being released.  He's pitched very well and could see him in Chicago if anyone is hurt or traded to avoid any semblance of rushing a prospect.  

Makes tons of sense. He's earned some time back in the bigs.

58 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Fun to see what happens entirely but my god.. Hansen, Dunning and now Cease all in one rotation in AA... gonna be a fun follow.

It is very cool. Wondering how much longer Dunning will be in AA. He's had 10 starts there and just cruising along. Very good numbers all around and hasn't allowed a HR .Would love to see Dunning with Kopech . Maybe some of Dane Dunning command can rub off on MK.

On to Kannapolis !

45 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

While he will not hold anyone back, I don't see Roach being released.  He's pitched very well and could see him in Chicago if anyone is hurt or traded to avoid any semblance of rushing a prospect.  

I would think Stephens would get the call before he would.

I'm a little surprised Cease is already getting the call up. Not that he doesn't deserve it, or that 70 IP isn't a decent sample, but because both the Cubs and Sox have been so patient with him, I kind of expected him to have another month or two in W-S. 

But exciting nonetheless. Kind of interesting to see that Birmingham is netting 2 more outfielders. Do Muno and Brett get released? Or release an IF like Barnum or Basto?

5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Seby up over Collins might get some people here alittle peeved but I don't mind. I'm glad both guys will get significant playing time at catcher for their respected affiliates. Kinda cool how Collins got promoted last year first over Zavala and now Seby gets the nod this year. 

Zavala being 1 1/2 years older makes the decision. Their production is similar, push the older one.