Promotions/Releases/Demotions of Sox System

GenericUserName

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Guess we are assuming Dave actually knows or made some pretty safe guesses. Anyone think there will be a few more to Birmingham and Charlotte ?

There are going to be a lot more moves than this. 

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm a little surprised Cease is already getting the call up. Not that he doesn't deserve it, or that 70 IP isn't a decent sample, but because both the Cubs and Sox have been so patient with him, I kind of expected him to have another month or two in W-S. 

But exciting nonetheless. Kind of interesting to see that Birmingham is netting 2 more outfielders. Do Muno and Brett get released? Or release an IF like Barnum or Basto?

Basto was released today.

11 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Basto is still on the roster.  I think Turner can get called up as well.  There are so many AAA fodders in Charlotte right now.  I think it could see a lot of movement.  Ruiz, Mendick, and Fisher can all be called up too imo.

I believe Basto got released yesterday and the roster just hasn't updated 

23 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Basto is still on the roster.  I think Turner can get called up as well.  There are so many AAA fodders in Charlotte right now.  I think it could see a lot of movement.  Ruiz, Mendick, and Fisher can all be called up too imo.

Basto is on the roster that is outdated. The googles doc shows he was released yesterday, sometimes it is more up to date than even the minor league team websites.

8 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Chalk one up for the Sox developmental team .

From that BA article.

The White Sox invited Booker to their winter hitting camp at their spring training home in Glendale, Ariz., where he overhauled his mechanics at the plate from the ground up.

“They just got rid of everything, because I used to wrap (the bat) a lot and my hands were higher,” Booker said. “So they just had me start with my legs, keeping them straight. That way I got the feeling of using my hands and my upper body individually. Then after I got to do that the hands became free and a separate movement, then we integrated the legs. Pretty much quitting wrapping has helped me quite a bit.”

26 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Booker is/was a 24 year old playing in high-A. I'm sure he did improve but I still consider him to just be another guy 

True; but only 9 months older than Call and significantly out-performing him.  
Of course Call is just another guy at this point too.
Maybe one day one of these guys becomes the guy.

Edited by GreenSox