Promotions/Releases/Demotions of Sox System

GenericUserName

10 hours ago, GreenSox said:

True; but only 9 months older than Call and significantly out-performing him.  
Of course Call is just another guy at this point too.
Maybe one day one of these guys becomes the guy.

When a college draftee has a season ending injury it really downgrades them (for me). They'll basically be age appropriate or more for every year and it's hard to tell.

2 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

Really hope eloy stays down until next year. Keep him and kopech down until the next super 2 deadline

I've always been in the keep Eloy and Kopech down until 2019 bandwagon, but this takes it a bit too far.  I want both of them up as soon as the extra year is secured in 2019, roughly 3 weeks into next season.  Waiting until the Super 2 deadline would be crazy, IMO, unless both have terrible starts to 2019.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

When a college draftee has a season ending injury it really downgrades them (for me). They'll basically be age appropriate or more for every year and it's hard to tell.

Honestly I don't know what the appropriate ages are.  I can see that players right out of college should kill low A ball and should probably fit in for about a year in high A and then  move to AA.  So what does that make high A - 22 and then 23 for AA?

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm writing up something now. The players are in their new cities I would imagine. Not sure what they will do 

I'm hoping they still hold a press session today to announce the promotions and for q&a.

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Yea, Birmingham is getting a whole new team. There’s got to be a few more released to make room. They can’t possibly get away with using the inactive or phantom DL can they?

7 players went to B-ham, 3 went to Charlotte.  Yeah, they can't do all of that internally.

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

7 players went to B-ham, 3 went to Charlotte.  Yeah, they can't do all of that internally.

I assume we'll see a couple or all of Johnny Giavotella, Alex Presley and Michael Saunders released shortly.  

12 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

per Fegan,  OF Saunders released from AAA

Puts them at 26 with 3 catchers. I assume Austin will go back on DL. 

I for one like how they have 3 catchers on each team and keep one on DL until needed. I think Milb lets them do this to save on moving catchers up and down levels that ends up costing a lot of money. No reason to not let them play the game like they have done this year. (this paragraph was about something someone else asked about, I just threw it in with the other sentence above).