Sox at Indians Game Thread (6/18)

caulfield12

1 minute ago, Replacement Level Poster said:

I know I might be an outlier, but I don’t think that can be just turned on when we’re suddenly ready to compete

Hard to tell, as we won't even recognize the roster if that time comes

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Is it something about the way Moncada stands on the plate that gives Umps the illusion that balls are strikes? Moncada had to take 5 balls there to get the BB. 

I was just thinking the same thing. It was even one of those pitches where the catcher had to reach across his body, which are usually called balls even if they catch the corner. 

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Moncada would be on a pace for 20 errors if you factor in his DL time...

This org is beginning to not care about the defensive game as much, especially with their tendency to go for bats first. Madrigal helps, if he stays at 2B, but guys like Collins, Jimenez (although he's bae), Burger, etc aren't exactly defensive studs..

Edited by SoxAce

Just now, elrockinMT said:

Boys this game is ovah!

Don’t let Greg775 see this...you might send him into a season-long depression, or, at the very least, cancellation of his MLB.TV/Extra Innings package and a vow never to overpriced pay for soda, hot dogs or a beer at a game ever again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

This org is beginning to not lpcare about the defensive game as much, especially with their tendency to go for bats first. Madrigal helps, but guys like Collins, Jimenez, Burger, etc aren't exactly defensive studs..

Robert, Basabe and Madrigal are really the only ones who profile as plus defenders...and then we have defense only guys like Thompson, Engel and Tilson who couldn’t hit their way out of a phone booth with a 36 inch Tennessee Thumper titanium bat.

Polka the Palka makes you wish for the return of Delmonico and Avi...and that’s not exactly a great feeling to have.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Robert, Basabe and Madrigal are really the only ones who profile as plus defenders...

Exactly and one (or two.. or all, god hopefully not) of them might not make it.

Edited by SoxAce

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Don’t let Greg775 see this...you might send him into a season-long depression, or, at the very least, cancellation of his MLB.TV/Extra Innings package and a vow never to overpriced pay for soda, hot dogs or a beer at a game ever again.

I realize now I should wait for awhile before declaring the end 

Send this game film to JR and force him to watch it at least ten times...that might speed up the offseason spending plan.

Questionable call goes against Covey there.  4 walks, one intentional.  Too strong...doesn’t have any feel for his offspeed stuff and can’t get the fastball down, either.

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

This is a very dumb, poorly coached team

Mega ditto. I have seen better in Pony League. A good manager doesn't put up with zombie players. 

4 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I realize now I should wait for awhile before declaring the end 

I can just see it...if Elrockin, the best Sox fan, has even given up on this team...why would/should hard working blue collar SouthSide families reward the Sox with their hard-earned money for an inferior product?

Really thought Polka was going to miss that somehow...you’re almost more surprised when a ball is actually corralled out there.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic