Sox at Indians Game Thread (6/18)

caulfield12

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I can just see it...if Elrockin, the best Sox fan, has even given up on this team...why would/should hard working blue collar SouthSide families reward the Sox with their hard-earned money for an inferior product?

Really thought Polka was going to miss that somehow...you’re almost more surprised when a ball is actually corralled out there.

Funny story for you: I was at my favorite coffee haunt today and a fellow asked where I got my Sox pullover sweater. We started conversing and he was a life long Sox fan too and originally from Chicago. He said he didn’t think they were playing today and I said yes against Cleveland,  you mean they lost?! Lol 

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Expected given just 3 months of control + the market 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

For mediocre package

How do you guys know this was a mediocre package? You need to wait at least 3-4 years before you can pass judgement on any trade.

• Like 1

Just now, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

How do you guys know this was a mediocre package? You need to wait at least 3-4 years before you can pass judgement on any trade.

I know you love false equivalences, but it's been made clear that you don't want to understand others' points of view, so there's no point in giving you an actual response 

• Like 1

Just now, daggins said:

I dunno,  I think thats a pretty good depth package for 3 months of Kelvin Hererra. His ERA is low but its not like he's been otherworldly good this year.

Me too. His walks are way down, but so are his strikeouts. In this reliever market, nobody is getting a Clint Frazier for Andrew Miller type of haul 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know you love false equivalences, but it's been made clear that you don't want to understand others' points of view, so there's no point in giving you an actual response 

I'm willing to listen and understand others' points of view. One could say that you are not willing to listen to any viewpoints that are critical of the white sox or its underperforming players.

One of those Nats prospects could bust out...

Just now, tlongo81@gmail.com said:

I'm willing to listen and understand others' points of view. One could say that you are not willing to listen to any viewpoints that are critical of the white sox or its underperforming players.

One of those Nats prospects could bust out...

I'm willing to listen, and Moncada is underperforming, but that doesn't mean he's a bust or that the trade won't work out. 

To the Herrera trade, it "seems" mediocre because of Herrera's name value, but in reality he is only under control for three more months. None of the guys they got back have a high ceiling, aside from maybe the third baseman they got (Gutierrez, I think), but it doesn't seem too bad to me considering what they gave up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Preach. 

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

OSU up 6-5.  After intentional walk to Rutschman fails.

Gonna be flipping back and forth like myself caulfield? :lol:

Make that 9-5 Beavers BTW.

Edited by SoxAce

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic