6/19 Sox @ Indians

smalls2598

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

At this point, I'm pretty resigned to the losses. My only interest is in the emergence and development of individual players. I'd like to be able to realistically muse about a competitive team, in a couple of years. However, unless some of our core players can demonstrate that they are legitimate pieces of that future, it will be difficult to sustain much hope. So, I'll continue to check the guys, down on the farm, as well as watch for Anderson, Moncada, Yolmer, Matt, Palka and anyone else, who could establish himself as part of that core, for 2020 and beyond.

The biggest focus, for me, is my dream of a pitching staff filled with 5, or 6 young, affordable, top of the rotation arms. If that happens, I think the offense will be there, or can be obtained through trades or free agent acquisitions.  

Edited by Lillian

Nice way to start the game by Moncada. 

And I will never understand batting Anderson 7th if the Sox are serious about his development. They need to bat him higher in the order where he can get more at bats and more at bats of consequence. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic