Engel or Tilson

Heads22

Outfielder stuff  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

When Avi comes back, Trayce is gone. Leury will likely replace Rondon, but at this point would you rather roll with Charlie or Adam? Engel's had a relative hot streak for a while, but Charlie has been hitting well since coming up. Neither offers any useful power, and I wouldn't call either a great fielder, though Tilson's maybe been a bit better.

Neither are good, but Tilson is not out of baseball yet. Engel is as bad as Trayce; both will fill 2/3s of an independent league OF soon. No offense to them. They may be great guys but Trayce and Engel are done and Tilson is on life support so to speak, but not done yet.

Tilson just to see what he can do at this point.  We've all seen what Engel has to offer, and outside of running rather fast, there's not a whole lot else.  I wouldn't necessarily say Tilson has "earned" the shot, but Engel didn't exactly prevent him from getting his opportunity either.

6 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Gonna sound like Lillian saying this, but I'll take the LH hitting OF.

Excuse me. but batting where Tilson does, in the line up, renders his being left handed, of little value. My insistence on the need for a left handed bat is focused upon balance, in the middle of the order. I have long wanted a power bat, from the left side.

2 hours ago, Lillian said:

Excuse me. but batting where Tilson does, in the line up, renders his being left handed, of little value. My insistence on the need for a left handed bat is focused upon balance, in the middle of the order. I have long wanted a power bat, from the left side.

The Sox track record with FA LH middle of the order bats is um......poor.  

14 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I was contemplating creating this very topic. Tilson for me. Engel is not a Major League quality player. Tilson is pretty fringe too IMO, but he's been outplaying Engel right now.

So was I but I'd have to go with Tilson now. Engel's had so many chances and he hasn't got the job done. Tilson is probably just as fast, makes more contact (?), probably steals bases equally well ,and probably equal in the OF , not sure how good his arm is but Engel's is mediocre at best. Enegel has more power I suppose but hasn't shown it at all.