Sox @ Cleveland, 6/20, 12:10 CT

soxfan49

30 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Baseball sucks

Yeah, and Lopez is showing that he was smoke and mirrors, and why xFIP is a thing. Honestly, the Sox have one MLB caliber pitcher right now and that is Rodon. Hopefully this teaches everyone a lesson about penciling in a prospect who comes up and starts out hot with shitty peripherals.  

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, and Lopez is showing that he was smoke and mirrors, and why xFIP is a thing. Honestly, the Sox have one MLB caliber pitcher right now and that is Rodon. Hopefully this teaches everyone a lesson about penciling in a prospect who comes up and starts out hot with shitty peripherals.  

I thought it was a joke but he literally has the worst xFIP for any qualified starter.  He really needs to throw more fastballs above the belt.

In nearly 2 years of the rebuild, not a single prospect or acquisition has turned the corner as a major leaguer, with the possible exceptions of Covey and Fry.

We're looking at 2023 at this rate.  Good for the org's sacred cows, I supposed.

Edited by GreenSox

Just now, GreenSox said:

In nearly 2 years of the rebuild, not a single prospect or acquisition has turned the corner as a major leaguer, with the possible exceptions of Covey and Fry.

We're looking at 2023 at this rate.

Way too early on Covey...let's see how well his velocity holds up as innings increase.  Promising metrics though for him.  

11 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

We're looking at 2023 at this rate.  Good for the org's sacred cows, I supposed.

2023 is fine with our fans' new mantra "Wait til next year." Rebuilding is gloriously fun for many.

6 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Oh, did we suddenly cut Soria, Jones, Covey, Avilan, Fry, and Cedeno?

Jones is just another guy because of injuries. I don't even feel sorry for Nate since he never adjusted his ridiculous pitching delivery. PTATC please study his windup and release point and tell me he's not a disaster injury wise. I'll buy you a 12 pack someday for your help on this matter!

Moncada has probably lost 10-15 points of average and 25-35 points of OBP with as many times as he's been rung up on pitches that were clearly ball four in full counts. All I'd ask Renteria is what took him so long to stand up for Moncada?

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stop

Have you been reading the Abreu threads? Fans salivating over some more unknown names to acquire for him? I'm just pointing out the absurdity of it all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think what's taken place in the majors and minors this year has slowed that talk a lot.  Instead of getting free agents to supplement the core, it seems more now they need a guy to lead the rest of the core.

I just don't see how they will be able to compete in 2020 without bringing in a couple big fish FA. This season is looking like a lock for 100 losses and next year is all about development as well so another 100 loss season isn't out of the question either. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic