Sox @ Cleveland, 6/20, 12:10 CT

soxfan49

5 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, and Lopez is showing that he was smoke and mirrors, and why xFIP is a thing. Honestly, the Sox have one MLB caliber pitcher right now and that is Rodon. Hopefully this teaches everyone a lesson about penciling in a prospect who comes up and starts out hot with shitty peripherals.  

It won't, unfortunately.

55 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Old school Greg says IF we were to acquire Machado (we aren't for many reasons; Harper is a lol; no chance) that would be even more reason to keep Abreu. Wow, what a 3B, 1B power combo! To go with Moncada and Tim A who obviously have vast potential of excellence. Seriously ... if Machado is a certainty to join the Sox, which he most certainly isn't, that's more reason to keep Abreu. You'd have something brewing at 1B and 3B for gawd sakes. Trading Abreu whilst acquiring Machado makes zero sense, folks.

I’m really tired of hearing about Tim Anderson’s potential.  Has he really improved since last year?

4 minutes ago, ttommarello823 said:

I’m really tired of hearing about Tim Anderson’s potential.  Has he really improved since last year?

Yes, he has. Aside from batting average all of Tim's numbers are up this year so he has without a doubt improved.

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Soxtalk doesn't deserve a rebuild.

Look at it this way. In the real world, rebuilds at work could not happen. Cause the guy who tanked the business for 4-5 years would be long gone by the time the business succeeded/dominated again. You rebuild lovers don't realize it doesn't have to be this severe. You can still rebuild and win a division as weak as the Central. You just have to spend a few bucks. I cannot believe this complete teardown thing happened to be the new way to go in sports.

Edited by greg775

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Look at it this way. In the real world, rebuilds at work could not happen. Cause the guy who tanked the business for 4-5 years would be long gone by the time the business succeeded/dominated again. You rebuild lovers don't realize it doesn't have to be this severe. You can still rebuild and win a division as weak as the Central. You just have to spend a few bucks. I cannot believe this complete teardown ting happened.

Aw is it really that easy? Who would youbhave signed? Please enlighten us.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

You asked and I could answer but I won't. But I would like to point out, I could have answered and not been out of line (peeps on here think I repeat myself too much but in reality a lot of peeps do the same)

You force us to repeat ourselves. You literally start the cycle every time. 

6 hours ago, DH in the NL said:

Why would that bother you if they lost that many games when it has been explained to all of us what the plan is? We haven’t been lied to by the FO on the plan. Expectations from the start of this rebuild should’ve been lowered considerably. 

What are you, and everyone else complaining about this team, pissed off at?

This × 10000000. Complaining about spending your money on the team to see them play? No one is forcing you to spend your money so don't! What a concept!

Edited by soxfan2014

13 minutes ago, pcq said:

Sox have hit maybe three HR in the past two weeks? Matt had one, Abreu and maybe Anderson. No power playing in a hitter's park. 

Well yeah, look at the outfield and catching crew they have.  Timmy hasn't hit for power in a while. Also it's called facing great Indians pitching.  I do think one thing that is becoming obvious though is they need a power upgrade at 3rd next year.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

I thought it was a joke but he literally has the worst xFIP for any qualified starter.  He really needs to throw more fastballs above the belt.

Even worse than Giolito? Wow. I know Giolito doesn't give up nearly as many hits, but I find this hard to believe. I knew that Lopez was bottom 5 but I thought Giolito was worse due to his K/BB being less than 1. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Look at it this way. In the real world, rebuilds at work could not happen. Cause the guy who tanked the business for 4-5 years would be long gone by the time the business succeeded/dominated again. You rebuild lovers don't realize it doesn't have to be this severe. You can still rebuild and win a division as weak as the Central. You just have to spend a few bucks. I cannot believe this complete teardown thing happened to be the new way to go in sports.

I must have imagined the 2 McDonald's in my hometown that were closed, torn down and rebuilt.

I am misremembering the Walgreens that was shutdown and built new across town.

I am definitely wrong about the mall that was bulldozed in South Bend, and rebuilt into a strip mall.

There definitely can't be newspapers that layoff people and go online. 

GM definitely didn't file bankruptcy and reform. 

Ford has to still be making the Model T, right? I mean they didn't close down those factories and build different cars, right?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Even worse than Giolito? Wow. I know Giolito doesn't give up nearly as many hits, but I find this hard to believe. I knew that Lopez was bottom 5 but I thought Giolito was worse due to his K/BB being less than 1. 

Giolito isn't qualified it appears.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Soxtalk doesn't deserve a rebuild.

That is very true.  They deserve so much more, if for nothing else than continuing to hang in there despite only witnessing four Sox postseason games (and just one postseason win) in the 13 years since 2005.  That is some kind of commitment from those who frequent this message board, despite the team’s ongoing futility, and especially in light of the team being at rock bottom as we speak.   

The Sox are 26th in attendance, and although the rebuild still in formulative time frame, still makes me wonder what will happen if this rebuild doesnt work? Say in 2022 we are still struggling  and with the cubs resurgence taking generations of fans, would MLB even consider allowing our boys to move to a better market (if one exists)? The cubs have almost unlimited funds, a huge fan base to go with a trendy ball park, thier chances of missing the playoffs are about as good as us making them in coming yrs really has me a bit concerned with the Sox in Chicago as much as the naysayers say no way they would move. With Comiskey coming up on the big 30 in a few, I guess you cant say its too young a park to vacate.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic