6/20 Games- KOPECH NIGHT!!

soxfan49

• bmags pinned this topic
20 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jose Rodriguez back to his BA self with a 3-4 day with 2 doubles. 

Slashing .355/.365./.500 with only a 6% k rate.

Wow, no errors for the Sox team, amazing for down there.  Also interesting to see Samil Polanco (also 3 hits) played SS and Rodriguez played 2B.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jose Rodriguez back to his BA self with a 3-4 day with 2 doubles. 

Slashing .355/.365./.500 with only a 6% k rate.

He's slowly but surely becoming someone important to follow. It'd be so badass if he ended up being a star.

Ha, it's a small sample but the k-rate during that time is nuts and that .140 iso is, from what I remember last year when I looked it up, I would grade as averageish power. Home runs don't seem to happen often but a nice amount of doubles is a thumbs up from me.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

15 games as a 17 year old in the DSL is slowly?  Damn, that is some high standards.

That's why it's slowly. Because he's 17, he's played in only a few games, and it's a horseshit league for teenagers. Obviously he'll have to continue to hit, but as long as he continues to go 2-4 every night, he's a name worth following.

Edited by soxfan49

9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That's why it's slowly. Because he's 17, he's played in only a few games, and it's a horseshit league for teenagers. Obviously he'll have to continue to hit, but as long as he continues to go 2-4 every night, he's a name worth following.

lol, pretty sure the dude isn't going to hit .500.

2 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I will only be looking for his BB and his Ks to a certain extent. I don't care if he gives up 5 or 6 runs, just pound strikes.

This is exactly how I feel about Lopez & Giolitto at the big league level. Process is significantly more important than results right now.

I think Kopech starts to get things turned around tonight. What sucks is that Charlotte will be aired on Saturday but obviously won't be seeing Kopech and likely not Stephens since I think he follows Kopech. But, there's a chance we see Eloy in Charlotte on Saturday. :D

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

lol, pretty sure the dude isn't going to hit .500.

Oh really? So you actually believe that I thought he'd go 2-4 every night and I wasn't exaggerating? You totally get it, man.

51 minutes ago, Markbilliards said:

I think Soxfan is saying lets be excited, but not too excited.  But maybe we will be more excited.  How exciting!

Something like that.

Exactly. The guy is crushing the baseball. As long as he continues to do so, he's worth following closely.

• Haha 1

Not sure if anybody will see it in the other thread so I'll put it here: Madrigal has made a couple nice plays in the early goings tonight.  He's very smooth.  The one time his arm was tested however he didn't blow me away.  Two hopped a worm burner into the plate from about 10 feet off the dirt in shallow RF.  Did manage to keep the runner at 3rd though.

He's coming up to bat here after the commercials.

12 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not sure if anybody will see it in the other thread so I'll put it here: Madrigal has made a couple nice plays in the early goings tonight.  He's very smooth.  The one time his arm was tested however he didn't blow me away.  Two hopped a worm burner into the plate from about 10 feet off the dirt in shallow RF.  Did manage to keep the runner at 3rd though.

He's coming up to bat here after the commercials.

Dude, you cracked me up with the " worm burner " comment. Well fucking done!

• bmags unpinned this topic