A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

Thought I would try to keep the battle for #1 draft pick going...

Luckily for Hahn, we just missed Frankie Montas by one start (4-1, 2.41 ERA) but we do get our old friend, Chris Bassitt (0-2, 2.45 ERA).  Can Giolito get his ERA back under 7?   Exciting stuff!   Dylan Covey starting against his former organization this weekend will be another prominent storyline.

Other than Brandon McCarthy, most former Sox starters are actually going pretty good:  Junior Guerra (3-5, 2.89 ERA), Gio Gonzalez, Q (better the last month) and of course, Chris Sale.

You could even construct a semi-decent bullpen out of Addison Reed, Devenski, Logan and Hudson...

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

kind of doubtful this one is played

I think hes right. The next Sox game will be against the A's on 6/22. 🤣

Edited by ptatc

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I think hes right. The next Sox game will be against the A's on 6/22. 🤣

LOL you know sometimes you just have to read the fine print.   Well i guess someone is gonna have to post todays Gamethread and i will have to be pessimistic about todays playing probability as well

36 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

LOL you know sometimes you just have to read the fine print.   Well i guess someone is gonna have to post todays Gamethread and i will have to be pessimistic about todays playing probability as well

I do agree that they wont play today. It looks like thunderstorms all afternoon and evening.

47 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Serious question, but with how this team has been playing, do we start referring to this as the "Gamedread?"

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Luckily for Hahn,

he's lucky that there is zero accountability in this organization.  
He's lucky that this organization doesn't require its GM to have talent evaluation skills.

Edited by GreenSox

23 hours ago, flavum said:

Straight doubleheader, not day/night. Tickets for tonight don’t go directly to tomorrow’s game(s).

So here's a question ... if you were to buy Scout or GR Club seats on StubHub for today's game -- do you get access for that like 8 hour block?

And secondly, what limitations do those clubs put on the drinking? Just wondering on a Bday weekend how much trouble I could get into...

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

So here's a question ... if you were to buy Scout or GR Club seats on StubHub for today's game -- do you get access for that like 8 hour block?

And secondly, what limitations do those clubs put on the drinking? Just wondering on a Bday weekend how much trouble I could get into...

I don’t see why not. June 22nd tickets cover both games.

20 hours ago, GreenSox said:

he's lucky that there is zero accountability in this organization.  
He's lucky that this organization doesn't require its GM to have talent evaluation skills.

Jimenez and Cease for Quintana? Talent evaluation skills definitely lacking on that deal for sure

42 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

I don't know about the scout seats, but I went to a double header last year and they stopped selling beer (and most everything else) after the second inning of the second game. 

We had the grand idea of just going to the second game so we basically got screwed. 

14 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

How the hell is making an out in the 7th spot better than lead off? Is that the development process these days? Why bother having him play at all if he can’t hit “certain” pitching? 

I agree that we need to maximize his PAs as a right hander hitter in order to help him improve. Hitting him 6th/7th is a win-now move. 

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I agree that we need to maximize his PAs as a right hander hitter in order to help him improve. Hitting him 6th/7th is a win-now move. 

“Win-now” seems to defeat the purpose of a rebuild. Hahn looks over at JR and KW in the suite and says “ how cute, Ricky’s trying to win-now.” 

36 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

How the hell is making an out in the 7th spot better than lead off? Is that the development process these days? Why bother having him play at all if he can’t hit “certain” pitching? 

I really doubt it is forever.  Give the kid a bit of a mental break by hitting down the line up a bit.  With how he has hit since coming off of the DL, nothing wrong with it.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic