A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Good to see Yoan swing at a first pitch fastball. Hit it well too but right at the CF

I liked seeing that too. If pitchers continue to throw first pitch fastballs over the plate to get ahead then it makes sense to take a hack at it instead of trying to work the count and end up swinging or looking at a pitchers pitch for strike three.

Swing away Yoan, swing away!

16 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I liked seeing that too. If pitchers continue to throw first pitch fastballs over the plate to get ahead then it makes sense to take a hack at it instead of trying to work the count and end up swinging or looking at a pitchers pitch for strike three.

Swing away Yoan, swing away!

Frank Thomas had to go through the same stages.  He had to swing early just often enough to keep pitchers honest.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Frank Thomas had to go through the same stages.  He had to swing early just often enough to keep pitchers honest.

Great example! I forgot about Thomas needed to do the same thing. I believe this is the principal behind Abreu recently telling Yoan to swing earlier in the count.

Moncada needs to be sent down if he keeps this up defensively.  He has to earn his playing time.  11 errors, and most of them have led to big innings and lots of extra pitches.

Leury should have been pulled from the game as well.

No excuse for being lackadaisical, complete lack of effort and focus.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Moncada needs to be sent down if he keeps this up defensively.  He has to earn his playing time.  11 errors, and most of them have led to big innings and lots of extra pitches.

Leury should have been pulled from the game as well.

No excuse for being lackadaisical, complete lack of effort and focus.

Again, I wouldn't be shocked if they use the minors to motivate Yoan. They've been taking so much about trying to improve his focus, I can totally see them using this option.  

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic