A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

Just now, fathom said:

Anderson OPS right at .700. Both him and Yoan hitting so poorly while having fielding issues is really difficult to watch. 

I'll agree on Yoan but Tim has been really unlucky at the plate with good defense this year overall 

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

We are rebuilding 

You can still play the game the right way.  The fans deserve that much, at least.  Proper fundamentals, full effort.  

It’s not just Moncada and Leury.  Engel earlier in the game threw to 3b when he would have had to make a perfect throw and the trail runner reached 2b.  Little things like that add up over the course of a season.

I don’t know if Jirschele, Vizquel or McEwing can do any better...but if one of the top 5 defenders of all-time can’t make an impact, this rebuild is in serious trouble, because we will be right back to those 2000-2004 teams who win by slugging you into submission.  Maybe that’s going to have to be good enough, if the Sox can make it to the playoffs in 2 out of 4 years again.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Either a umpire’s wife, fiancée or gf....Rosenberg is too old to have a wife Moncada would actually be pursuing!

Is that the scorer's name? Is it possible to contact him like you can for NBA scoring? 

For as long as I can remember, it has been Bob Rosenberg.

You can try, but it will probably not have the effect on scoring you wish for...although hard hit balls almost always go to the advantage of the home team player.  Sometimes the front office staff might even say something, but they’re probably not going to appeal their own scorer’s decision to NY.

Mental error # what this season?

Maybe it’s the players...not Guillen/Ventura/Renteria.   Not sure which is worse to contemplate...that we are terrible at evaluation, probably.  It would be nice to believe another staff could magically fix things, but how realistic is that?

Everyone remembers how well the 2012 team played for Ventura on defense for most of that season...then it all just went south for the rest of his managerial tenure.

46 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

8 runs, 1 earned for Shields...that has to be some kind of modern day Sox record, doesn’t it?

It's not like he pitched well though.

Reneteria is probably over his head but that's not the reason for this dog and pony show. 
Talent and development is the reason.

Edited by GreenSox

10 minutes ago, pcq said:

Ricky being a teacher would seem to call for daily reinforcement of playing the right way. 

It’s going to be telling whether Renteria forces the team out for extra defensive practice tomorrow after the long DH today/tonight...

So that's 8 errors in the last 24 games or 6 in the last 13 for Yoan. I am on record saying I don't think Tim has ever been a good defensive shortstop. Most of Yoan's errors have been recent and I haven't been watching lately, but if this is the middle infield of the future the Sox are in trouble. All things equal Anderson deserves a shorter leash as he's had 2730 innings at the position in the MLB while Yoan has had 1017 at 2b.

I've always thought Tim would be better in CF, but if Yoan can't handle 2b the Sox are in trouble.

Can anyone tell me how Jose Rondon's defense has looked at the MLB level?

3 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

So that's 8 errors in the last 24 games or 6 in the last 13 for Yoan. I am on record saying I don't think Tim has ever been a good defensive shortstop. Most of Yoan's errors have been recent and I haven't been watching lately, but if this is the middle infield of the future the Sox are in trouble. All things equal Anderson deserves a shorter leash as he's had 2730 innings at the position in the MLB while Yoan has had 1017 at 2b.

I've always thought Tim would be better in CF, but if Yoan can't handle 2b the Sox are in trouble.

Can anyone tell me how Jose Rondon's defense has looked at the MLB level?

They will give Yoan next year and a half. If not, Madrigal goes to 2nd and Yoan moves positions or trade bait

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

They will give Yoan next year and a half. If not, Madrigal goes to 2nd and Yoan moves positions or trade bait

That's the best case scenario if Yoan fails, but if Anderson is no good what happens then? Is Dickman next in line? Rondon? I don't know enough about Rondon to know if he can handle SS.

3 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

That's the best case scenario if Yoan fails, but if Anderson is no good what happens then? Is Dickman next in line? Rondon? I don't know enough about Rondon to know if he can handle SS.

Witt Jr :) or Manny

Edited by fathom

I remain skeptical that the Sox can develop young players of any kind. Sale was MLB ready so he doesn't count. Name a player who has spent 2-3 seasons in the Sox minors and had a long career. The last one was McCarthy. Yes, it has been that long. It would be nice if one of the Sox minor leaguers came up and set the world on fire rather than struggle for a season plus worth of PA/Innings. It doesn't seem that hard to do because other teams are doing it regularly. Sox are a joke. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, credezcrew24 said:

Yolmer Sanchez is the best middle infielder on the roster.  Move both Anderson and Moncada and put Madrigal and Sanchez in the middle where they belong.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I remain skeptical that the Sox can develop young players of any kind. Sale was MLB ready so he doesn't count. Name a player who has spent 2-3 seasons in the Sox minors and had a long career. The last one was McCarthy. Yes, it has been that long. It would be nice if one of the Sox minor leaguers came up and set the world on fire rather than struggle for a season plus worth of PA/Innings. It doesn't seem that hard to do because other teams are doing it regularly. Sox are a joke. 

Eduardo Escobar? Yolmer Sanchez? Gio Gonzalez? 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic