A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Yolmer Sanchez is the best middle infielder on the roster.  Move bothe Anderson and Moncada and put Madrigaland Sanchez in the middle where they belong.

To me, he just can't hit enough to be full time starter.  He's quietly having a bad offensive season.

19 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I remain skeptical that the Sox can develop young players of any kind. Sale was MLB ready so he doesn't count. Name a player who has spent 2-3 seasons in the Sox minors and had a long career. The last one was McCarthy. Yes, it has been that long. It would be nice if one of the Sox minor leaguers came up and set the world on fire rather than struggle for a season plus worth of PA/Innings. It doesn't seem that hard to do because other teams are doing it regularly. Sox are a joke. 

The first three players I looked for, Tyler Flowers, Seimien, and Addison Reed have similar WARs, but yeah that is pretty comical

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Eduardo Escobar? Yolmer Sanchez? Gio Gonzalez? 

Gio spent more time in the minors with Philly and Oakland IIRC. EE is a fringe starter having a good season and Yolmer is also a fringe starter. Try again. Talking about an everyday player or longtime rotation piece. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

To me, he just can't hit enough to be full time starter.  He's quietly having a bad offensive season.

Yolmer Sanchez.... I have yet to see anything consistently from Yolmer to believe he is a good player.  Love his personality though..

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I remain skeptical that the Sox can develop young players of any kind. Sale was MLB ready so he doesn't count. Name a player who has spent 2-3 seasons in the Sox minors and had a long career. The last one was McCarthy. Yes, it has been that long. It would be nice if one of the Sox minor leaguers came up and set the world on fire rather than struggle for a season plus worth of PA/Innings. It doesn't seem that hard to do because other teams are doing it regularly. Sox are a joke. 

Just Semien and Eduardo Escobar.  Tyler Flowers has been pretty good for the Braves when healthy.  Jose Martinez of the Cardinals played for the Sox minors well over a half decade ago, started career with Sox (son of Carlos Martinez.)

Daniel Hudson, Addison Reed, Boone Logan, Devenski...obviously Gio Gonzalez.  Montas, Bassitt, J.Guerra.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep great utility player and clubhouse guy. 

Sanchez should net a decent prospect from a contender. He’s a great insurance policy for a team that gets an injury in the infield. And if they stay healthy, he can pinch hit and be the lovable goofball. 

Edited by flavum

Just now, flavum said:

Sanchez should net a decent prospect for a contender. He’s a great insurance policy for a team that gets an injury in the infield. And if they stay healthy, he can pinch hit and be the lovable goofball. 

Better to trade Leury Garcia then...he’s less important to the team chemistry.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Just Semien and Eduardo Escobar.  Tyler Flowers has been pretty good for the Braves when healthy.  Jose Martinez of the Cardinals played for the Sox minors well over a half decade ago, started career with Sox (son of Carlos Martinez.)

Daniel Hudson, Addison Reed, Boone Logan, Devenski...

Even if you count Semien and Escobar, it is still pretty damning that the best they could do in a decade and a half is two fringe starters in the middle infield. Every young Sox player who had any sort of success in the majors spent the majority of their development time in another organization. Quentin, Floyd, Danks all spent their time in other orgs and were MLB ready when acquired. 

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Sanchez should net a decent prospect from a contender. He’s a great insurance policy for a team that gets an injury in the infield. And if they stay healthy, he can pinch hit and be the lovable goofball. 

Makes a ton of sense for Boston

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

I guess you see the Sox as being noting more than just a farm team for the other MLB teams and not a team that should ever aspire to contend?

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Even if you count Semien and Escobar, it is still pretty damning that the best they could do in a decade and a half is two fringe starters in the middle infield. Every young Sox player who had any sort of success in the majors spent the majority of their development time in another organization. Quentin, Floyd, Danks all spent their time in other orgs and were MLB ready when acquired. 

Eaton is the other one...you could argue our best developmental approach was acquiring DBacks not named Alex Cintron.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Eaton is the other one...you could argue our best developmental approach was acquiring DBacks not named Alex Cintron.

Yeah, can't believe I forgot about Eaton, but the Sox teams during his time here were pretty forgettable. 

A's do a nice job of beating rotten teams, especially Sox and KC. This will not be a pretty series. Hopefully someday when we get good we'll be able to beat the lousy teams. That's been a problem in Sox history that's appeared now and then.

17 minutes ago, flavum said:

He's only 25 years old. Why do we want to trade everybody no matter their age? Young and old alike. Is he gonna bring anybody potentially better than Yolmer? Hell no. It amazes me how my thought process is so different from the trade people on here. Scary how we disagree on stuff.

Edited by greg775

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He's only 25 years old. Why do we want to trade everybody no matter their age? Young and old alike. Is he gonna bring anybody potentially better than Yolmer? Hell no. It amazes me how my thought process is so different from the trade people on here. Scary how we disagree on stuff.

I’m not saying they are dumb if they do trade him, but they should listen- just like on Abreu. The Sox are in the 4th or 5th inning of the rebuild. They’re probably going to suck in 19, and be decent in 20. They’re building for awesomeness in 2021-2025. I don’t see Sanchez or Abreu important to those teams.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic