A’s at White Sox, 6/22 now straight doubleheader

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Just tuning in, how's today's version of Lucas look? Looks like he's actually got some swings and misses.

Weird.  He's touched 96 and hit 95 a few times as well.  Also had a bout of not being able to throw a strike at all in the 1st.  Then he had the breaking stuff working in 2nd inning with 2 Ks.

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Weird.  He's touched 96 and hit 95 a few times as well.  Also had a bout of not being able to throw a strike at all in the 1st.  Then he had the breaking stuff working in 2nd inning with 2 Ks.

Much like fathom, I feel a lot better if he's throwing 95-96 with no control than 91 with no control

2 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Also looks way more comfortable against righties 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Haven’t been able to watch, but did Giolito actually hit 96 MPH this game?  I just checked the box score and saw that and couldn’t believe my eyes.  That to me is super promising if true.

Yes. And 95 at least twice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Interesting.  The A's broadcast crew noting that Dustin Fowler was initially going to be in the Yankees/White Sox trade last year until the injury happened.

I assume that means it would have been him over Rutherford if true.  Not sure if I would have preferred that or not pre injury.  He was definitely an ascending talent at the time while Rutherford was cooling down a bit.  Tough call.

Just now, fathom said:

Hard to imagine him instead of Blake

Blake's had a big night. I wonder if there's any chance of him in Birmingham this year. Six home runs the last two months and the average is decent, but they may just want to have him in WS all year.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic