MLB Pipeline Updated Top 100

Y2Jimmy0

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm surprised Callis didn't drop Robert from the way he was talking about him. Nothing negative, he just sounded like he felt they placed him too aggressively early.

I think at this point they probably figure they just have to own it and hope he plays up to that level. It wouldn't look any better for them to drop him for seemingly no reason.

54 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

MLBPipeline released their new top 100 today and it has 8 White Sox not including Nick Madrigal: http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018

4. Eloy Jimenez OF

12. Michael Kopech RHP

26. Luis Robert CF

43. Dylan Cease RHP

49. Alec Hansen RHP

56. Dane Dunning RHP

85. Blake Rutherford OF

99. Zack Collins C 

It has Jimenez at 3, not 4, and Kopech at 8, not 12...

Edited by soxfan49

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

PIpeline is so conservative with dropping players down. Curious how many would take Rutherford over Adolfo at the moment

Mayo/Callis are consistently 6-12 months behind the rest of the industry. It's baffling that MLBAM hasn't managed to get better guys to run what should be the most legit source of coverage we have.

9 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Mayo/Callis are consistently 6-12 months behind the rest of the industry. It's baffling that MLBAM hasn't managed to get better guys to run what should be the most legit source of coverage we have.

The weird thing to me is there feels like a huge disconnect between how their top 100 lists play out and their interviews about players. I like their interviews, but pipeline basically hedges by saying like 90% of prospect are between 45 and 55 FV, and they are so slow to drop players clearly having difficulty at higher levels.

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

The weird thing to me is there feels like a huge disconnect between how their top 100 lists play out and their interviews about players. I like their interviews, but pipeline basically hedges by saying like 90% of prospect are between 45 and 55 FV, and they are so slow to drop players clearly having difficulty at higher levels.

Yeah, that's true. A lot of it might be that they just aren't willing to go out on a limb for guys like some of the smaller publications do. Like everyone knows three or four guys that Law or Longenhagen or whatever are super high on compared to consensus.

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yeah, hard to see Kopech realistically retaining his status as top Rh pitching prospect in the game over these last couple of months...unless we throw out results/performance and only go with potential. 

That’s basically what they go on. Puk, Reyes, and Honeywell are done for the year yet they’re still in the top 30

34 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

No one has mentioned it yet, but Dunning took the biggest jump of any Sox player, possibly anyone on this entire top 100 board.

He went from 92 to 56. 

He's been pretty remarkable this year. He might end up being the best part of the Eaton trade. Solid stuff, good command, knows how to pitch. I've read/heard nothing but good things about him.