Sox supportive of Lopez’s team critiques

caulfield12

Yeah Tim shouldn't have been laughing, but his comments show me he gets it. "In a couple years, we will be kicking peoples' butts. Right now, we are getting our butts kicked." 

That shows me he understands the rebuilding process and how it's working, and hopefully the other players do too.

I just hope, as we all do, that in a couple years if this kind of play is happening, Tim shows a little more frustration. This doesn't bother me though.

Edited by Scoots

20 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Good for Lopez in calling out the team (including himself) for playing like shit. That's a leader right there.

If ANYBODY in that clubhouse has a problem with (or doesn't completely agree with) what Lopez said, they do not deserve to wear this uniform.

I applaud Reynaldo for speaking the truth.  At least somebody on this team cares.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 6:31 PM, caulfield12 said:

https://amp.mlb.com/282378308-white-sox-supportive-of-reynaldo-lopez.amp.html

Not sure what to make out of Anderson’s laughing, but it is what it is at this point...

It doesn't seem like Anderson was laughing at him or the situation. Just one of those laughs where you're thinking "god damn... well... there you have it"

He didn't step out of line in any way or become personal. He included himself and basically just said "We all need to be better. There's no excuse for this."

Very fair. I respect it. This team is supposed to be bad, but a portion of this can be avoided. The mental miscues, defensive blunders, how bad they have been with RISP and less than two outs. The fundamentals. This team just fails. You don't have to be uber talented to execute on the little things. This mainly goes back to our manager. However, the players giving themselves a kick in the ass might be a solid substitute.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Richie said:

It doesn't seem like Anderson was laughing at him or the situation. Just one of those laughs where you're thinking "god damn... well... there you have it"

He didn't step out of line in any way or become personal. He included himself and basically just said "We all need to be better. There's no excuse for this."

Very fair. I respect it. This team is supposed to be bad, but a portion of this can be avoided. The mental miscues, defensive blunders, how bad they have been with RISP and less than two outs. The fundamentals. This team just fails. You don't have to be uber talented to execute on the little things. This mainly goes back to our manager. However, the players giving themselves a kick in the ass might be a solid substitute.

We know Ricky won't be managing our contending team when it's time. Til then he's man the fort and he's a good clubhouse guy apparently. Also he's called out several players for not hustling which is good. He's just a horrible in game manager.

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

We know Ricky won't be managing our contending team when it's time. Til then he's man the fort and he's a good clubhouse guy apparently. Also he's called out several players for not hustling which is good. He's just a horrible in game manager.

No doubt. We're on the same page.

• Like 1