6/23 Games

BamaDoc

36 minutes ago, fathom said:

According to twitter, Dunning hurt his elbow today :(

Significant blow to the rebuild. This is exactly why you load up on pitching prospects. If there's one more injury setback among Cease, Hansen, Kopech I'll really start to worry. 

Just now, Flash Tizzle said:

Significant blow to the rebuild. This is exactly why you load up on pitching prospects. If there's one more injury setback among Cease, Hansen, Kopech I'll really start to worry. 

Still feel like adding an above average pitcher via free agency the next two offseasons was going to be a necessary act to fill a 1-3 spot in the rotation and add experience.

That's why the whole narrative of taking advantage of Rizzo can suddenly look much different a year or two later.  Everyone loves this move a lot more than the Sale trade...but pitching is so fickle, so many injuries.  That doesn't mean we still have any clue where these 3 will be in 2021, but just goes to prove the axiom you can never have too much pitching.   And Kopech/Cease were the guys that would have been least surprising to get injured with how hard they both throw.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep and why you never have enough pitching!

If he's as injured as its feared that's now Giolito, Cease, Stephens and now Dunning (not even counting the bullpen guys) with TJS. You absolutely load up on these guys. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Still feel like adding an above average pitcher via free agency the next two offseasons was going to be a necessary act to fill a 1-3 spot in the rotation and add experience.

It may come to that, although it'd be embarrassing to the organization if they couldn't fill the top of their rotation with all the prospects they've acquired/developed. 

Not sure what to make of the video.

But I also wouldn't trust the guy whose tweets you guys linked in here. I've seen him on Twitter, he's even more pessimistic than Fathom. He was tweeting about how Dylan Covey is "likely out for the season" after that minor flare-up today. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

10 hours ago, SoxAce said:

If he's as injured as its feared that's now Giolito, Cease, Stephens and now Dunning (not even counting the bullpen guys) with TJS. You absolutely load up on these guys. 

Fry has had TJ surgery twice.

15 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I literally said in my post I'm not even counting the bullpen guys. If that was the case, I would've named him and Burdi too.

Was not trying to correct you, was just mentioning one guy who has made it and had it twice. Jeesh

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

It's not even mentioned in the "recap" of the game, on the Baron's website.

This is all that this normally good source had to say about it, an hour ago:

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan

This is what someone who has the ability to find out information quickly on the issue had to say last night

https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanMcGuffey/status/1010754659957473281

Sucks as video made me optimistic it wasn't as bad as we feared 

• bmags unpinned this topic