Oakland @ CWS 6/23

Bazox

56 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Have heard and maybe someone can confirm this that Farmer and DJ were really ripping on the team on the radio broadcast. Supposedly DJ said "this is more of the clown baseball we've been seeing lately..." And Farmer supposedly said "Anderson has got to learn to catch something over there at short..."

Rebuilding or not if this is true I salute the radio guys for calling the team out.

I love it too! But to be fair they SHOULD have held a discussion about the desire to lose in our clubhouse and fan base. If all the players hear is how cool it is to lose to get a top 2-3 draft pick next year, no wonder they make so many clownish mistakes.  There's really no reason to try to win when everybody from the GM to the fans want you to fail/lose. I expect when we get good again, we'll play better fundamental baseball. Til then clown ball.

Edited by greg775

I don’t know why anybody cares or keeps complaining about what our team is doing. Yeah, yeah, I want to win. Blah, blah, blah. We finally chose a path. Anybody worth a dam was traded. There is only 4-5 players worth paying attention too. Sorry to burst your bubble but most of these players would not even be on a major league roster if it were not for gutting this team. No matter how much you wish them to be. I don’t understand. It’s only been 18 months. Most of the players we will care about are still in the minors. If I didn’t know about the prospects we have, I’d be pissed too but our future looks awesome. We still need to accumalate more since not all will succeed. I will wait to judge them until 2020. If we are not contending by then, we will need to fire them all. But I’m very happy with what’s coming up soon. You should be too

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The at-bat that caught my attention was Anderson's in the 8th inning. Sanchez on second, no out, down a run.

It looked like Anderson wasn't even trying to go the other way to get the guy to third base. No effort at all. Just swing hard and hope you make contact. Nope. Either RR and the staff are doing a bad job of getting through to these guys regarding fundamentals or the players are letting it go in one ear and out the other.

I know Anderson hit a three run home run earlier. Great...not diminisihing that at all, but with the game on the line he looked awful and "baseball-stupid."

Very frustrating even in a rebuilding year

This is pretty much the approach of all hitters now. Its all launch angle and exit velocity. This is why they use the dramatic shift so much.

11 hours ago, ptatc said:

This is pretty much the approach of all hitters now. Its all launch angle and exit velocity. This is why they use the dramatic shift so much.

So the "dumbing down" of baseball continues.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Only if you aren't willing to take in new data and consider there might be better ways of doing things. 

Like refusing to hit a ground ball to the left side when all the infielders are on the right side?