6/24 Games

BamaDoc

57 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

While I was joking about Sosa, it is Herm's staff top to bottom. 

No it's not. While I'm sure he consults with it. There is and are physician's you oversee the entire operation. Herm overseeing the staff would be a violation of his license. He is too busy working with the MLB to really know what's going on elsewhere unless something significant pops p then he may be consulted but it's usually the local physician up to the physician's for the Sox.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

Him and whoever is in charge of strength and conditioning. They obviously do not have immediate contact with the lower levels, the guys in charge at the major league level probably set the system the rest of the organization uses. In my experience in a strength program, the bigger change in our training was when the head of the department (who was like Herm and Allen Thomas in that they are responsible for the big team) changed as opposed to when our individual strength coach changed. The coach change at our level resulted in small changes and big changes in personality while the change at the highest level meant the whole way we went about lifting changed even though we had most of the same staff as before.

These are the guys who mostly work in the "preventative care" arena. Again, I'm sure they all work together.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You do realize that it was the White Sox who led the world in least games lost to injury over a decade period of time in MLB, right?  

So they are living off reputation at this point? Perfect. That's what kept Ozzie employed for far too long. 

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

So they are living off reputation at this point? Perfect. That's what kept Ozzie employed for far too long. 

Unless you have something other than circumstantial evidence, you are just making stuff up, again. The evidence here supports that you are not only wrong,  but that what you are saying is the complete opposite of reality.  

But you don't have any real evidence,  do you?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/chicago-white-sox-mlb-injury-prevention-disabled-list-days

1 hour ago, Hot FiRe said:

While I was joking about Sosa, it is Herm's staff top to bottom. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/white-sox-trainer-herm-schneider-is-team-s-secret-weapon-142008464.html

I suggest a refresher course is in order.   It’s a bit dated, but I also would argue we’re one of the few organizations out there who could have put Jake Peavy back together again.  Frank Thomas swears by him.

Other than Danks (labrum/shoulder), what core franchise players recently have missed huge amounts of time (and, no, Avi Garcia doesn’t count.)

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Hot FiRe said:

Thank you. They all work together and need to collectively step it the hell up.

So calling out a single individual like Herm or even his staff would both be incorrect. Because he is neither in charge of the staff nor the strength and conditioning.

8 hours ago, GenericUserName said:

Its probably just where he established residency and they didn't care to put the effort in to find his real hometown like they would for a big cuban signing. I bet if he makes it to the minors, or really even the higher levels of the minors, they'll have the right information. 

Good stuff, thanks.

Sox have a pretty interesting wave of young guys coming up in Sosa, Delgado, Weaver, Mieses, Mendoza, etc. Really early, but it would be nice to have a surprise infusion of young talent in the lower levels of the system.

38 minutes ago, Dunt said:

Sox have a pretty interesting wave of young guys coming up in Sosa, Delgado, Weaver, Mieses, Mendoza, etc. Really early, but it would be nice to have a surprise infusion of young talent in the lower levels of the system.

Considering almost all of that list is July2 signings, it would be incredible if that pipeline has really started to produce for the White Sox.  That would give a backend to this rebuild of guys who will be coming along say 4-5 years down the road, which would supplement the cluster of guys due in the 1-3 year range.  What a huge shot in the arm that would be.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Considering almost all of that list is July2 signings, it would be incredible if that pipeline has really started to produce for the White Sox.  That would give a backend to this rebuild of guys who will be coming along say 4-5 years down the road, which would supplement the cluster of guys due in the 1-3 year range.  What a huge shot in the arm that would be.

The only thing disappointing about that 2016 class this year has been that clearly Coronado, whom I thought could be a dude based on stats last year, must not be very good. He's getting little run as the 4th outfielder. But Comas and Mieses were more $$ signings and they are playing fairly well early. Excited to see AZL shake out. Hoping to see from this group either good contact rates or more xbh, as there is a lot of raw power down there.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

The only thing disappointing about that 2016 class this year has been that clearly Coronado, whom I thought could be a dude based on stats last year, must not be very good. He's getting little run as the 4th outfielder. But Comas and Mieses were more $$ signings and they are playing fairly well early. Excited to see AZL shake out. Hoping to see from this group either good contact rates or more xbh, as there is a lot of raw power down there.

The problem is a good one.  Where would he play?  That team is full of players, including OFs.  Who do you bench?  Given the list of players there, I think Coronado would be the odd man out too.  I mean I have no first hand knowledge of seeing any of these kids to be fair, but that said, I don't know who I would bench to make space for him either.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The problem is a good one.  Where would he play?  That team is full of players, including OFs.  Who do you bench?  Given the list of players there, I think Coronado would be the odd man out too.  I mean I have no first hand knowledge of seeing any of these kids to be fair, but that said, I don't know who I would bench to make space for him either.

Well honestly I'd rather him be in DSL playing every day than on the bench save once a week. Granted I do not know if they have backfield games where he's playing more. Not really a fan of promoting a young player like that and then benching him, he is likely just filler but you never know with a player that young.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well honestly I'd rather him be in DSL playing every day than on the bench save once a week. Granted I do not know if they have backfield games where he's playing more. Not really a fan of promoting a young player like that and then benching him, he is likely just filler but you never know with a player that young.

And that is fair.  Though can you be sent back to the DSL after being brought to the US?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And that is fair.  Though can you be sent back to the DSL after being brought to the US?

No idea. But quite surprised since he was promoted stateside ahead of Mieses/Comas/Guerrero. Maybe he came back horribly out of shape.

Just now, bmags said:

No idea. But quite surprised since he was promoted stateside ahead of Mieses/Comas/Guerrero. Maybe he came back horribly out of shape.

Or at that age, a spurt of growth or the like from the others.  These kids are so freaking young, someone could come back 6 inches taller over a winter.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or at that age, a spurt of growth or the like from the others.  These kids are so freaking young, someone could come back 6 inches taller over a winter.

EDIT: NVM i don't know how to link pictures. It was of monty burns brain and nerve tonic that made ken griffey jr limbs to grow

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic