It’s Game Day in Chicago 6/24 A’s and Sox

elrockinMT

1 minute ago, Bazox said:

No , if he'd have pitched the 9th and the game was won would he have got a lot better stats ?

He would have slightly lowered his ERA & WHIP & could have potentially racked up a few more K’s but no. No sense in risking one more inning out of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

Literally the first Sunday game I've been able to watch, wanting to hear Hawk call the end...and he's like nowhere to be found

He’s made a habit out of missing a half inning or maybe an inning, but 2 innings? Weird

He does live a very far distance from the park so perhaps he wanted to beat the traffic.

Edited by soxfan49

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He’s made a habit out of missing a half inning or maybe an inning, but 2 innings? Weird

He does live a very far distance from the park so perhaps he wanted to beat the traffic.

I mean, I know he's not really committed anymore and he's almost 80 but still...kind of unprofessional no?

10 minutes ago, Scoots said:

I mean, I know he's not really committed anymore and he's almost 80 but still...kind of unprofessional no?

Hawk's broadcasting career was built upon being unprofessional. This is rather fitting. 

5 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I don't get the Hawk bashing considering we don't know why he wasn't in the booth the last few innings. For all we know he had a severe case of the green apple splatters.

For all of the talk about professionalism,  the speculation with a lack of information is immature at best.

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Didn’t look like Rondon was thrilled with being taken out. If I’m Hahn, I DFA his ass and bring up Gomez or someone else. Rondon blows

Did Ricky take him out of a 10-2 game just because he walked the first hitter? I am not a Rondon fan but it’s odd

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For all of the talk about professionalism,  the speculation with a lack of information is immature at best.

“Unless it’s an emergency, skipping more than 20% of the game is so unprofessional”

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic