Flash Flood Watch Game Tonight

Richie

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez getting hit HARD. Not missing bats and everything off Minny bats are being scalded. 

Yep very few swings and misses. Amazing how average they are making a 96-97 mph fastball look.

Edited by fathom

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep very few swings and misses. Amazing how average they are making a 96-97 mph fastball look.

Yeah really. His lack of missing bats is kind of baffling with his stuff. To be honest I'd like to see what his spin rate is on his fastball compared to MLB average. I'll go look it up. 

Moncada 😃 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Man, that was some impressive speed from Yoan. He doesn't really "look" fast either when he does that. He moves almost robotically. As opposed to Anderson going home-to-third. 

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

Man, that was some impressive speed from Yoan. He doesn't really "look" fast either when he does that. He moves almost robotically. As opposed to Anderson going home-to-third. 

Cuts the bases well, especially rounding 3rd heading home

Just now, fathom said:

Good inning for Lopez

It's probably the build and skin color but I cannot help but liken Lopez a bit to Dave Stewart.  As I kid it always seemed like Stewart was a tough customer that never would give in, even if he didn't really have much other than one pitch and some guts.  I see Stewart had 27 career fWAR.  I would take that from Lopez, to say the least.