Flash Flood Watch Game Tonight

Richie

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Morneau is great on the Mic, for those that are tired of the Sox team.

44 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Morneau is heaping praise on Jose, said he "works as hard as anybody" and "loves baseball".

Is he their everyday color guy or just a guest for this game?

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's 54th in fWAR among qualified pitchers and is 24, relax.  It would be nice if his 1B could field as well as his RF.

One thing that is absolutely necessary when this team is competing is a competent fielding first baseman.

Just now, fathom said:

One thing that is absolutely necessary when this team is competing is a competent fielding first baseman.

I'm confident that Eloy can become that guy once our outfield gets crowded and he's the odd man out (in terms of defense)

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm confident that Eloy can become that guy once our outfield gets crowded and he's the odd man out (in terms of defense)

I don't think he would make a good first baseman at all.  Doesn't strike me as the most agile guy in spurts.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don't think he would make a good first baseman at all.  Doesn't strike me as the most agile guy in spurts.

Perhaps not, but I can see him at least being competent. I don't know who else in our system would be better suited (not including guys like Robert who are good enough to play other positions, or a meh prospect like Gillaspie) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Richie said:

Well, somehow this will go terribly wrong. 

Seen us screw up these situations WAAAAYYY too many times.

Especially with a fresh arm coming in.

The pessimist in me sees an Anderson K, Engel weak pop out, Moncada out somehow 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The pessimist in me sees an Anderson K, Engel weak pop out, Moncada out somehow 

That's about what I was thinking. However, if they're gonna take us off the hook - that's cool too. lol