Meme citizens behaving badly

caulfield12

#burritobart

#permitpatty

#bbqbecky

#joggerjoe

Is society simply going off the rails?  Or just a reflection that now everyone has a mobile or iPad to document everything that happens in life?

I guess it all started with the woman who felt threatened by the presence of black women playing slowly at a golf course, the Yale student sleeping in the common room of her dorm, the lawyer in NYC confronting Hispanic staff...the Starbucks business meeting/bathroom denial was the headliner.

And that’s not even the seemingly every 2-3 days there is a bizarre incident on an (budget) airline around the world.

How can we get back from the brink and return to a more civil society...is it even possible without a change in the WH occupant?

Edited by caulfield12

On 6/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, caulfield12 said:

#burritobart

#permitpatty

#bbqbecky

#joggerjoe

Is society simply going off the rails?  Or just a reflection that now everyone has a mobile or iPad to document everything that happens in life?

I guess it all started with the woman who felt threatened by the presence of black women playing slowly at a golf course, the Yale student sleeping in the common room of her dorm, the lawyer in NYC confronting Hispanic staff...the Starbucks business meeting/bathroom denial was the headliner.

And that’s not even the seemingly every 2-3 days there is a bizarre incident on an (budget) airline around the world.

How can we get back from the brink and return to a more civil society...is it even possible without a change in the WH occupant?

Good post. We should discuss these things. I think people have always hated people except in times of crisis. Let's face it, they call it your own "family" for a reason. The world should be one big family. It isn't. My pet peeve is those commercials for car companies or diamond stores (big on KC talk radio) that say, "Come here where we treat you like family because our customers are family." I go to the library a lot and see homeless individuals. I should talk to those individuals and always give them money. I rarely talk to those individuals and rarely give money to them. I did not speak to the guy wearing the dress in the Subway which many of you consider evil. I can improve and I feel we all can improve.

We are not one big family in America. Our politics makes us want to punch people on the other side. We backstab each other at work.  We are afraid to let our kids communicate with anybody outside our immediate family lest they get kidnapped. We argue with our kids' coaches and umpires of their games. Many of us are jerks to people outside our immediate family.

Lack of civility is one reason I enjoy my 2 hours at church every week (I should go more but I am busy even though it seems like post so much I can't be busy). It's one piece of time nobody wants anything from you and peeps are friendly.

There is no solution because so many people despise those who believe in God. I feel God is the answer in part but most people would mock me for that statement. Bill Maher would humiliate me.

I'm glad caulfield is trying.

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Nah, going over board with PC nonsense caused a backlash which caused the lack of civility. The pendulum was pushed too far left and it's natural swing back has gone too far to the right to compensate.