Twins @ Sox 1:10 WGN Odorizzi vs Giolito

Just now, JoshPR said:

Really......

If he didn't have a history of burning through position players and relievers with complete ignorance for the potential for problems in extra innings I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

But once again he's left the Sox with only the backup catcher on the bench.  TA shouldn't have thrown his helmet but shit happens and the manager can't burn through so many options and not get burnt from time to time.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

If he didn't have a history of burning through position players and relievers with complete ignorance for the potential for problems in extra innings I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

But once again he's left the Sox with only the backup catcher on the bench.  TA shouldn't have thrown his helmet but shit happens and the manager can't burn through so many options and not get burnt from time to time.

kinda harsh.  Yes...everybody anticipated the Sox would be locked into a 1-1 tie in the 11th.  He batted Palka when he should have.  What did he do wrong?

Just now, Wanne said:

kinda harsh.  Yes...everybody anticipated the Sox would be locked into a 1-1 tie in the 11th.  He batted Palka when he should have.  What did he do wrong?

He didn't leave Palka in to play CF, which would've been hilariously entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Wanne said:

Its just something to complain about. We could have Fricken Connie mack as a manager and people would b**** about his every move

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

"Hi, my name is Rick Renteria and I coach the Chicago White Sox Tee-Ball Club, there will be free orange slices provided after the game, win or lose".

Actually thought bunting with Yoan batting righty was good call.  You really thought he would get a hit?

Just now, fathom said:

Actually thought bunting with Yoan batting righty was good call.  You really thought he would get a hit?

Bunting is almost always bad.  I think there is about a 20% chance he gets a hit and a 1% chance he walks it off.  With bunting I think there is a about 1% chance he gets a hit and a ZERO percent chance he walks it off.

Just now, fathom said:

Ugliest righty swing. Does he even practice righty?

hear ya.  I read an article in the Athletic a while back where I cut him some slack a little.  He's had a lot on his plate...and he was trying to soak in some wisdom from Yolmer as far as switch hitting (which obviously isn't easy at this level).  He's just so incredibly bad hitting right handed tho.  At what point do they tell him to pull the plug. Another year?  two?

Just now, Lillian said:

Pardon my ignorance, but how is it allowable for an infielder to block the bag, when a runner is attempting a steal? 

Mattingly was king of that when he played