Twins @ Sox 1:10 WGN Odorizzi vs Giolito

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This season is his first where he's been in the majors before mid-July. He's got 500 MLB ABs, but this is his first season in MLB from April-October. 

Calling him up last July was also aggressive. It wasn't "Carson Fulmer called up from AA to save the bullpen after less than a year in the minors when he hasn't pitched in the bullpen and has an ERA of 5", which was a thing that happened, but it was absolutely aggressive. In his career he got 177 at bats in AA and 309 at bats in AAA, total, with a quick callup to Boston in-between also. Hell, he also only had 534 at bats at the A-ball levels. 

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Listening to the radio feed, you could swear it was a spring training game at the Twins’ facility...Sox fans were definitely outnumbered.

Both teams suck, but weekend shopping and sightseeing in Chicago!

That's pretty sad. Woulda been nice if Moncada coulda won it in the ninth. Sox have been playing well since the 8 game streak. This will probably start another bad losing streak. Gio looking good I assume? I didn't watch it but watched the highlights and he had a no-no for a long while.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Calling him up last July was also aggressive. It wasn't "Carson Fulmer called up from AA to save the bullpen after less than a year in the minors when he hasn't pitched in the bullpen and has an ERA of 5", which was a thing that happened, but it was absolutely aggressive. In his career he got 177 at bats in AA and 309 at bats in AAA, total, with a quick callup to Boston in-between also. Hell, he also only had 534 at bats at the A-ball levels. 

I disagreed with calling him up last year. I thought they should have waited until May of this year to call up Moncada. He wasn't raking at AAA after returning from his injury and it took him a while to turn it around, I hope the same doesn't happen this year. 

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

He needs to be an .800+ OPS hitter

I’ve said all along 750-787.5 this year, 788-825 in 2020...that’s realistic, although below expectations for Sox fans, especially compared to where he was 2 just months ago.

20+ errors, though, is unacceptable at 2b.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, Jose Abreu said:

Moncada 2B

Anderson SS

Abreu 1B

Palka/Davidson DH

A. Garcia RF

L. Garcia LF

Sanchez 3B

Smith C

Tilson CF

Is by far our best lineup IMO. I'd love to see this used. Get Engel out of there, move Anderson up, play Leury every day 

Leury is a lightweight. Play him every day and he will be on the DL in no time.