Trade Deadline

WBWSF

The trading deadline is coming up. I would like to think the White Sox will be active. I would think that Hahn will try to improve the team if he can. I would like to see the White Sox trade Moncada and Kopech back to Boston for Chris Sale. Does anybody think Boston would make the trade?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man this board has really taken a dive in quality since we entered the rebuild.

I shouldn't bite but I guess I will: Man this team has taken a dive in quality testing fans' patience since they entered the tank/rebuild.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I shouldn't bite but I guess I will: Man this team has taken a dive in quality testing fans' patience since they entered the tank/rebuild.

It was the same way with the cubs rebuild. The dumb meatball fans who thoroughly oppose the rebuild will keep whining during the rebuild and then jump in the bandwagon when the team is good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man this board has really taken a dive in quality since we entered the rebuild.

It's hard for me to critique since I add nothing to the board, but it's quickly reaching unreadable status. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

I actually want to play this game. Give me your argument on why Boston makes this trade. 

No way Boston makes this trade. Sale has great stats and he's only 29 and they need the ace for the postseason. It would make a good article though and good examination. Because to the way many of our stat people on soxtalk think, Boston SHOULD make this trade immediately and that is a no brainer. Cause Sale is 29 which to the stat people is on the brink age wise of being very old (at least for hitters; maybe the stat people think pitchers can go longer) and those 2 prospects are considered anchors of WS teams. I say no way Boston would consider that trade but I'd like to hear from the stat people on this board cause if they are truthful they "might" say Boston SHOULD make that trade in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

It was the same way with the cubs rebuild. The dumb meatball fans who thoroughly oppose the rebuild will keep whining during the rebuild and then jump in the bandwagon when the team is good. 

I already said I will definitely revel in the joy when we hit the WS years. I have that right as a longtime fan. Just cause I'm a critical fan doesn't mean squat. Just as I have no say in the rebuild I had no say in the way we won it in 05. But I can take part in both parades. And I was never a critical fan until this crap. Many of you were Ozzie haters and talked down on the players you wanted to get rid of. Same thing. The few of us who hate the rebuild can say the same about those who despised Ozzie and Dye and Garland, etc.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, black jack said:

It's hard for me to critique since I add nothing to the board, but it's quickly reaching unreadable status. 

I’m all for objective & harsh criticism when warranted, but there is way too much whining & panic over pretty much everything.  And unfortunately it comes from the same few posters repeating themselves ad nauseam.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I already said I will definitely revel in the joy when we hit the WS years. I have that right as a longtime fan. Just cause I'm a critical fan doesn't mean squat. Just as I have no say in the rebuild I had no say in the way we won it in 05. But I can take part in both parades. And I was never a critical fan until this crap. Many of you were Ozzie haters and talked down on the players you wanted to get rid of. Same thing. The few of us who hate the rebuild can say the same about those who despised Ozzie and Dye and Garland, etc.

Did people despise Dye and Garland? Thought they were generally liked. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Jon Garland (or "Judy" as he was known here) certainly had his critics on this board. I don't remember or know of anyone who disliked Dye.

Despise is a strong word. Especially for Dye. That's gotta just be fake news from Greg. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hot FiRe said:

Well let's all hope the Sox get good.

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well let's all hope the Sox get good.

The minor league systems are looking very promising. I don't get how people can't be slightly optimistic about what they have you going down there. Big time outfield and infield depth, ace potential starters + solid back and starters, and some big time relief prospects. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Jon Garland (or "Judy" as he was known here) certainly had his critics on this board. I don't remember or know of anyone who disliked Dye.

Both got hit hard on here. I got in big trouble defending both. I freaked when anybody said Judy. And I loved Dye and stood up for him incessantly.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

I actually want to play this game. Give me your argument on why Boston makes this trade. 

There's no way Boston makes that trade. Now that I've given this  some thought if the White Sox packaged Moncada, Giolito and Fulmer together does anybody think the White sox could get anything of worth in return?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

There's no way Boston makes that trade. Now that I've given this  some thought if the White Sox packaged Moncada, Giolito and Fulmer together does anybody think the White sox could get anything of worth in return?

This is pointless and stupid.  Please post something relevant.  

• Thanks 3