Looks like Sox signed Braves 2016 3rd rounder (80th pick overall) Drew Harrington. Doesn't look too impressive as a starter prospect, but if he fails as a starter with the Sox, I think he's still worth following as a lefty reliever guy.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2016/6/10/11904246/2016-mlb-draft-braves-select-drew-harrington-with-80th-overall-pick

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Micker Adolfo has been such a pleasant surprise this year. Walk rate up, strikeout rate down. Showing improvement in those 2 areas as you move up the ladder is nothing to sneeze at. I know Law is a believer. Has often remarked how raw he was when he came over, and that he might take a bit but could be really worth the wait.

Yeah I mean this board loved his turnaround last year but for the media scouts they were apprehensive until his July/August walk improvements proved themselves. They did and then some. I’m very excited for our OF prospects. Even Rutherford.

It will be interesting to see what's the real story is with Robert.  He clearly wasn't on the bench tonight based off what KLaw said.  Would be odd to be in the clubhouse and then not come out to sit on the bench.  Knowing how this season has gone for the prospects, he probably got diagnosed with the plague.

2 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Looks like Sox signed Braves 2016 3rd rounder (80th pick overall) Drew Harrington. Doesn't look too impressive as a starter prospect, but if he fails as a starter with the Sox, I think he's still worth following as a lefty reliever guy.

https://www.talkingchop.com/2016/6/10/11904246/2016-mlb-draft-braves-select-drew-harrington-with-80th-overall-pick

Louisville guy too. I'm sure Henzman, McClure and others are stoked in the org.

And Robert is a perfect AFL candidate at this rate.

Edited by SoxAce

10 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Pretty crazy that the Braves would give up on a 3rd rounder that quickly, but glad we have the chance to fix him. 

10 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Flores with great start tonight. Should I be excited about him? Seems like he has back end of the rotation potential. 

Mark Buerhle seemed like he had back end of rotation potential too. If you can get guys out

there isn't a rule that says you can't be great unless you throw 96 mph.

Sox also signed another minor leaguer who has been released by another org. Matt Portland, a LHP from Northwestern who was  a 17th rounder for the Royals in 2015. He started 2nd game of DH for Great Falls. 

Hector Acosta, LHP in the DSL was moved to the Arizona Rookie team. 

Edited by MnSoxFan

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Robert aside, I absolutely hate the way Vizquel has constructed lineups and managed this year. The constant bunting, sitting Rutherford vs LHP, etc. has been really irritating

Counterpoint, basically every player has played well in W-S this year under him and they all seem to love playing for him.

3 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Hopefully Kopech can continue this

Would like to see what Robbins can offer at the ML level

Time to call Viera up, in his last 19 he has 1.50 ERA, 11 Ks, 1 BB in 12 IP

Vieria can take Bruce Rondon's spot if you ask me. That guy has been so bad since April ended.