07/01 Games

DirtySox

1 minute ago, fathom said:

and Eloy just hurt his leg it seems on a swing and had to leave the game

If I have one fear about him, it’s his knees. And that stance where he turns his foot in with a deep crouch can’t help.

Edited by flavum

The truth is that Fulmer should be in AA, the last place he had any consistent success (and that was after a nasty run to start his AA tenure). Instead we brought him to the majors, where he wasn't ready, then sent him down to AAA, where he never thrived, then brought him back to MLB 2x and are still surprised that he's not doing great in AAA when he never really pitched himself out of AA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

The truth is that Fulmer should be in AA, the last place he had any consistent success (and that was after a nasty run to start his AA tenure). Instead we brought him to the majors, where he wasn't ready, then sent him down to AAA, where he never thrived, then brought him back to MLB 2x and are still surprised that he's not doing great in AAA when he never really pitched himself out of AA.

While I can acknowledge the pick was bad with the benefit of hindsight (people were generally ok with the pick at the time though), the development of Carson has truly been criminal.  No idea where Fulmer would be right now if they allowed him to develop at a normal pace.

Is Eloy destined to become the youngest perennial DH, in the history of Baseball? On the other hand, if hitting is the source of his knee problems, then we're really in trouble.

Has anyone confirmed that it's his knee, or could it be something else?

Edited by Lillian

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Is Eloy destined to be the youngest perennial DH, in the history of Baseball? On the other hand, if hitting is the source of his knee problems, then we're really in trouble.

Has anyone confirmed that it's his knee, or could it be something else?

I saw the video, and the way he was walking, it looked either groin or hammy. It could have just been a cramp or a slight pull or something.

17 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know 3, Greg, WBWSF, and Two-Gun Pete. LOL. Whenever the Sox lose, remind ourselves that 4 wins in 2014 was the difference between Benintendi and Fulmer. 

You truly know nothing of my work as a fan. I HATED them getting stupid, meaningless wins. I HATED the Fulmer pick, because even a blind, drunk howler monkey could see that he was drafted, so that they could rush him to the bigs. I HATED how he was brought along in MiLB.

And, I HATED that those dumbasses in the front office actually thought that the series of actions I cited here had a snowball's chance in hell of working.

Quite the contrary, I've wanted JR to start firing people until WE get tired of seeing him fire people. I've hated the moronic "go for it every year" stupidity,  and the "rush him up" stupidity.

17 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While I can acknowledge the pick was bad with the benefit of hindsight (people were generally ok with the pick at the time though), the development of Carson has truly been criminal.  No idea where Fulmer would be right now if they allowed him to develop at a normal pace.

This. Totally agree, 1,000% with this. This is why I have ZERO interest in seeing either of Jimenez or Kopech until 2019.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

22 hours ago, reiks12 said:

whoever pushed for the Fulmer draft pick should have been fired yesterday

How is Dillon Tate doing? He was picked 4th overall in that same draft and I don't think he's even been up to the bigs.  Or what about Tyler Jay (who was picked 2 picks before Fulmer). Both were college pitchers and I don't think either has pitched in the majors yet.  It might put a little perspective on the Fulmer pick and also maybe give perspective on how much we screwed up with him from a pure player development time (i.e., forcing him through the majors vs. breaking down his mechanics and developing him through the minors.

Actually I think the best player picked after Fulmer (1st round) was Walker Buehler of the Dodgers and if I remember right, not many on this board wanted him and people were afraid that is who we might have ended up drafting?  Maybe I'm mis-remembering 

22 hours ago, Jake said:

Yes, I completely agree with you. I actually thought it was interesting looking at a couple college arms drafted above him in the draft and how different their developmental path has been vs. Fulmer who we literally forced straight to the majors. I'm not one to usually point a finger at our aggressive promotion tactics and I've been one of the first posters down on Carson, but man, we were so focused on rushing him straight to the majors (in an ill fated attempt to compete) that we did very little for the kids actual development. 

You could almost say we didn't "develop" him and just tried to rush him. I actually think we should break him down and build him back up and see if we can do that (not like fully rebuild but it certainly is beyond the point where that is what we need to do). No quick fixes, give him time to truly develop (and if that is in AA I don't care).  He never got real "development" with the Sox so I'm okay investing it while we rebuild (should have done it sooner in the process) and than if that doesn't work, move him to the pen.