07/03 Games

DirtySox

Just now, DirtySox said:

Feels like junior year Oklahoma Sooner Alec Hansen has returned. Still hoping he's just rusty from the time off, but that excuse can only go so far.

Due to his size, he seems like someone that needs everything to be in sync to have a chance to be effective. Too early to panic, but if this is going on come August, then panic away.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Due to his size, he seems like someone that needs everything to be in sync to have a chance to be effective. Too early to panic, but if this is going on come August, then panic away.

Yep. Also I'm wondering if they have him tweaking something mechanically that might have contributed to the injury this spring. Just speculating of course.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

3 of the 5 walks were four pitch walks, other 2 were five pitch walks according to buddy who's watching. Also said Collins is really struggling behind plate.

I'm not watching but If I had to guess, Hansen doesn't appear to have been making it easy for collins. 

3 hours ago, Hot FiRe said:

LuGo is going to be a stud. 

I rank LuGo just behind Eloy and on par w/Roberts as a prospect. True CF with elite bat control and some pop from left side. Much better at this juncture than Rutherford or Adolfo IMHO.

1 hour ago, Anderdale said:

I'm not watching but If I had to guess, Hansen doesn't appear to have been making it easy for collins. 

2 hours ago, fathom said:

3 of the 5 walks were four pitch walks, other 2 were five pitch walks according to buddy who's watching. Also said Collins is really struggling behind plate.

I was watching some, and from what I could gather from the rather rough camera angle, it seemed to me that Hansen was all over the place, not being able to locate consistently. 

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I rank LuGo just behind Eloy and on par w/Roberts as a prospect. True CF with elite bat control and some pop from left side. Much better at this juncture than Rutherford or Adolfo IMHO.

Doesn't look like him at the plate or anything, and doesn't have quite as much arm, but Gonzalez could be the second coming of Adam Eaton for the Sox, and that wouldn't be a bad thing.