07/06 Games

DirtySox

• bmags pinned this topic
1 minute ago, skooch said:

Nobody even mentions Fulmer anymore. I guess it's just a foregone conclusion.

I think the appropriate attitude to have is to just memory hole him for a few months and hope he forces his way back into our consciousness.

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

I think the appropriate attitude to have is to just memory hole him for a few months and hope he forces his way back into our consciousness.

Keep dreaming, he's freaking awful. He needs a fresh start in a new organization.

10 hours ago, username said:

Can we please just move Fulmer to the pen now? I’m pretty confident his stuff will play up he’s just too erratic to make it as a starter. Maybe he has an epiphany and you re-explore but he needs to get his mojo back. 

Fulmer's issue isn't getting through the lineup the 3rd time...his issue is getting hitters out in general. Moving him to the pen isn't going to solve that issue. The biggest problem is that he has a pretty mediocre 93/94 mph fastball and he has no idea where it's going. He's 24 and needs to learn how to pitch basically. He overpowered college hitters and he's unable to do that to the highest level hitters and needs to go back to the drawing board. 

15 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Fulmer's issue isn't getting through the lineup the 3rd time...his issue is getting hitters out in general. Moving him to the pen isn't going to solve that issue. The biggest problem is that he has a pretty mediocre 93/94 mph fastball and he has no idea where it's going. He's 24 and needs to learn how to pitch basically. He overpowered college hitters and he's unable to do that to the highest level hitters and needs to go back to the drawing board. 

Fulmer probably gone next year if drawing board does not work.

12 hours ago, username said:

Can we please just move Fulmer to the pen now? I’m pretty confident his stuff will play up he’s just too erratic to make it as a starter. Maybe he has an epiphany and you re-explore but he needs to get his mojo back. 

Fulmer needs innings worse than pretty much any pitcher in the entire system.