Chicago @ Houston, 7/7, 3:10 CT, GT

soxfan49

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing would make me happier.  I can endure all the losing, sloppy play, & growing pains as long as most of the key young guys show progress.

I agree the kids need to show they can play and get better.. all the bone head plays gets old fast. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nothing would make me happier.  I can endure all the losing, sloppy play, & growing pains as long as most of the key young guys show progress.

Yep it's  all about being able to pencil guys into your contending lineup and rotation.  I'm also to the point that I want to see Anderson batting 2nd or 3rd so he gets more at bats. 

Just now, fathom said:

Yep it's  all about being able to pencil guys into your contending lineup and rotation.  I'm also to the point that I want to see Anderson batting 2nd or 3rd so he gets more at bats. 

100% agree.  No idea why Tim is still batting in the bottom third of the lineup most nights.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What hAppened?

Tried to score from 3rd with one out when he should have retreated back to third.

Avi pretty much the only bright spot, he should go to All-Star game again, haha. Or Omar.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Tried to score from 3rd with one out when he should have retreated back to third.

Avi pretty much the only bright spot, he should go to All-Star game again, haha. Or Omar.

Contact play to avoid possible double play 

The sky must be falling. Abreu is playing hurt. He probably should be in the d/l. His feet and ankles are banged up. Watch his at bats and you can see how uncomfortable he is swinging the bat. You are only hitting with your arms if you can’t get the feet planted and generate power with the lower body/legs. This idea that a contract signing of Abreu didn’t work out because he is slumping caused by his physical injury then you are simply not living in reality 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

The sky must be falling. Abreu is playing hurt. He probably should be in the d/l. His feet and ankles are banged up. Watch his at bats and you can see how uncomfortable he is swinging the bat. You are only hitting with your arms if you can’t get the feet planted and generate power with the lower body/legs. This idea that a contract signing of Abreu didn’t work out because he is slumping caused by his physical injury then you are simply not living in reality 

I fail to see how injury is better than just slumping.  He's constantly injured.  More evidence he's older than his listed age.  

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I fail to see how injury is better than just slumping.  He's constantly injured.  More evidence he's older than his listed age.  

He is slumping because of his injury. These players are not machines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

He is slumping because of his injury. These players are not machines. 

Who cares, he's slumping.  Everybody on that field is playing less than 100%.  If he's hurt, go on the DL.  I fail to see how how in any way shape or form saying "he's hurt" makes anything better about the situation.  If anything it makes it worse because he can't stay healthy and he's a DH.

Looks like we can scratch off the NL as a potential trade destination.

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If Abreu goes to the DL I really don't know who would represent us at the ASG. Anderson is the most logical but SS is stacked in the AL. Garcia doesn't have enough games. Might have to be one of Soria/Fry 

That’s true and may be a reason they keep him in there but that’s not a good reason IMO

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Who cares, he's slumping.  Everybody on that field is playing less than 100%.  If he's hurt, go on the DL.  I fail to see how how in any way shape or form saying "he's hurt" makes anything better about the situation.  If anything it makes it worse because he can't stay healthy and he's a DH.

Looks like we can scratch off the NL as a potential trade destination.

I am not following your reasoning 

5 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I am not following your reasoning 

If he's too hurt to play he should be on the DL.  if he's healthy enough to play then talking about how "he's slumping because he's hurt" is a tautology and useless.  Every guy on that field is playing with some soreness and possibly even injury after 90 or so games.

He's looking like an aging slugger, not a guy that has a lot of great years left.