07/08 Games

DirtySox

• bmags pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Will Rutherford get playing time at AA this year?

He just turned 21, in May. Maybe they should just see if he can continue to perform at this level. He is now at .300 with an OBP of .340 and driving in runs.

The only thing missing is the power, but that should come. This is his first full season at Advanced A and he is now tied for 6TH in the League, for Average. He only had 30 games at that level, last season and they were pretty disappointing. I think that we should be very pleased with his progress. He is doing especially well, vs RHP.

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Madrigal not playing for Kanny.  I don't remember hearing they were going to play him one game and then sit him 3 (as he goes to Kanny)

Hopefully they pulled the plug after getting hit twice, and today was just a travel day to Kannapolis. 

They’re facing a lefty having a good season tomorrow night.

Birmingham lost 1-0.  That team is really slumping offensively.  On the bright side, in addition to a good start by Hansen both Burr and Ruiz are throwing extremely well.  I could imagine both going to Charlotte by the end of the year.

18 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Birmingham lost 1-0.  That team is really slumping offensively.  On the bright side, in addition to a good start by Hansen both Burr and Ruiz are throwing extremely well.  I could imagine both going to Charlotte by the end of the year.

Between Hamilton, Burr, Ruiz, Johnson, and adding in Burdi - the Sox have a nice slew of arms to build a pen with. I'd even throw Vieira into that mix too.

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Interesting question:  if Dunning were healthy, would Birmingham have a better rotation than the mlb club?  I am not talking potential in the future, I mean right now.

No.  Not even close.  Rodon, Lopez, Giolito, Shields and Covey would eat AA hitters alive.  

Charlotte may be interesting comparison though.

Edited by turnin' two

3 hours ago, fathom said:

This Madrigal stuff is odd...to me, seems he might be banged up if they don't know until game day if he can play

https://mobile.twitter.com/SeanW1754/status/1016146203921141761

Makes you wonder if that HBP was some kind of "welcome to the AZL". Would like to think that it wasn't but you never know. The last thing the Sox need is to have more top minor leaguers hurt and according to the tweets that followed  Steele is hurt.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
fix typo