07/08 Games

DirtySox

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He was drafted hurt right ?

Yeah.

Not gonna lie the madrigal stuff is weird but mostly a factor of the part of the org that doesn't feel need to give media updates on it.

He's not hurt, but also he's not playing and they decided to give him a week off after one game after he said he's ready to go...got it.

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He was drafted hurt right ?

This is the reason I wasn't too worried about him.  The Sox don't talk about their minor leaguers injury history too much, so this isn't even unusual enough to worry about.  They usually don't hit their top level college draftees too hard anyway, so no surprise they are being slow and coy with him.

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Makes you wonder if that HBP was some kind of "welcome to the AZL". Would like to think that it wasn't but you never know. The last thing the Sox need is to have more top minor leaguers hurt and according to the tweets that followed  Steele is hurt.

I mentioned that the other day as an option, too. The first pitch he saw almost hit him. A following pitch did hit him. He got hit again later in the game. I know those guys suck but it's odd that the same guy got hit twice and almost got hit a third time.

4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I mentioned that the other day as an option, too. The first pitch he saw almost hit him. A following pitch did hit him. He got hit again later in the game. I know those guys suck but it's odd that the same guy got hit twice and almost got hit a third time.

Sounds like Madrigal gave that pitcher 6,411,400 reasons to hit him, hahaha