7-8 Stros/Sox Game Thread

DirtySox

Just now, fathom said:

4 pitch walk for Giolito. If he gets shelled today, send him down and let Stephens start vs KC next weekend.

I'm pretty intrigued by Stephens. Could be a solid back-end guy. He should get a shot at some point.

There's no reason for Giolito to be up here. His starts have to be demoralizing for the rest of the team at this point. I get that they don't want to use that last option - but either he's good enough to stick on the roster next year or nobody is going to want to claim him anyways.

Just now, DirtySox said:

I'm pretty intrigued by Stephens. Could be a solid back-end guy. He should get a shot at some point.

At Soxfest a few years ago, back when Carson Fulmer was highly thought of and Nick Capra was running the minor leagues, Capra said he thought Stephens was as good of a prospect as Fulmer

Just now, Dick Allen said:

At Soxfest a few years ago, back when Carson Fulmer was highly thought of and Nick Capra was running the minor leagues, Capra said he thought Stephens was as good of a prospect as Fulmer

I still find it so weird that Capra went from the top farm guy to third base coach. Like, how are those roles in any way related? How is he qualified for that? 

Just now, Lillian said:

Why the Sox are using their typical lineup against left handers today, in view of the fact that Keuchel has been better vs. rh hitters?

The question is what wins out. The lefty pitcher better vs. righties or the righty hitters better vs. lefties. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Leury needs to be playing CF every day. That way we could get Palka/Tilson reps in LF 

Tilson doesn't need more reps. He's not a major leaguer. Don't forget Delmonico will be back soon.