7-8 Stros/Sox Game Thread

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tilson doesn't need more reps. He's not a major leaguer. Don't forget Delmonico will be back soon.

He's at least better than Engel.

At this point all Engel is doing is being a waste of space. When Delmonico is back, he needs to be in left with Leury in center and Avi in right. Palka can DH/LF/RF so that he still plays 3-5 times a week.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Fastest inning of his career?

Gotta be up there. I can definitely see him having a solid outing if Kevin calls for more breaking balls. Seems like he's got a feel for it today. Shutting down a team like this will do wonders for his confidence. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Avi’s career arc is staring to look like JD Martinez. Struggle and be a release candidate. Break out with an unsustainable BABIP, but then adds power, which we always knew he had but couldn’t elevate.

But a 2:34 BB:SO ratio and 63% swing rate. 

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

There will be some roster moves at the All-Star break that is my prediction. 

That would be great. On the pitching side, I could see Stephens being added and us going with 6 starters (or Giolito/Covey being optioned). In the pen, optioning Rondon/Volstad and trading Soria in favor of Vieira/Hamilton, maybe Gomez, would also be nice. 

47 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Left handed hitters are hitting .304 vs. Keuchel, this year.

That's a wow stat. Hate to diss the umps but we seem to be having a lot of discrepancies at home plate this weekend. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You have to give Gio some credit. He really settled down after the first couple of hitter. It looked like it was going to get out of hand in a hurry, and here he is going to the 6th giving up 1 run.

I wanted to post something similar but I'm scared he'll give up like 6 runs this inning