7-8 Stros/Sox Game Thread

DirtySox

2 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Seems they aren’t letting Moncada steal much.. especially since his groin injury or hammy.. I forget which it was. 

Has to be.. makes 0 sense why he isn't running as much as TA but it was like this before he got injured too so it's tough to tell.

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Moncada's numbers rising

Still wish they would drop the switch hitting experiment and let him develop as a full time lefty. You never know, he might kill lefties from the left side.

Having not seen a lefty from the left side since (I'm assuming) he was a young kid or his early teen years. I highly doubt that he'll just flip on over to the left side vs LHP in the MAJORS and have it click. Lefties generally have to work a very long time to get good at that. 

He's hitting over .160 as a righty now. A lot of young players have done this and become decent from their weaker side. Let it keep developing. He only needs to be decent from that side and improve the gap-to-gap pop a bit. It doesn't have to be on equal footing. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

He's at least better than Engel.

At this point all Engel is doing is being a waste of space. When Delmonico is back, he needs to be in left with Leury in center and Avi in right. Palka can DH/LF/RF so that he still plays 3-5 times a week.

If he's such a waste of space, then how did he lay down such a perfect bunt?

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

Having not seen a lefty from the left side since (I'm assuming) he was a young kid or his early teen years. I highly doubt that he'll just flip on over to the left side vs LHP in the MAJORS and have it click. Lefties generally have to work a very long time to get good at that. 

He's hitting over .160 as a righty now. A lot of young players have done this and become decent from their weaker side. Let it keep developing. He only needs to be decent from that side and improve the gap-to-gap pop a bit. It doesn't have to be on equal footing. 

His current swing is never going to lead to power. He swings all arms and can't turn on anything with authority