7-8 Stros/Sox Game Thread

DirtySox

11 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't mind losses like this. You got beat instead of beating yourself.

Agreed. They played well. Don't know if I've ever seen a squeeze called on an 0-2 pitch before though. Gutsy call.

46 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Soxtalk would have lost its collective minds.

Because every other team would have told the pitcher to throw a pitch high and outside that wasn't buntable and our guy would have struck out on the 3rd pitch with the runner tagged out at home.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because every other team would have told the pitcher to throw a pitch high and outside that wasn't buntable and our guy would have struck out on the 3rd pitch with the runner tagged out at home.

Not enough love to be given for this!

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agreed. They played well. Don't know if I've ever seen a squeeze called on an 0-2 pitch before though. Gutsy call.

Marwin Gonzalez has been hopeless at the plate recently and looked extremely lost vs Giolito. I agree it's ballsy, but I get it... kinda. 

I turned it off after the squeeze cause our bunt in the last half inning ruined the game for me. We played for one run. Only way we were gonna win that game was to 'somehow' explode that inning after getting two on and no out. Astros just laughed at us. Got a double and ultimately bunted him home so easily, even with two strikes. I hate the fact we are not even a great AAA team.