Jose Abreu voted in as Starting AL All-Star 1Bman

Buehrle>Wood

45 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Congrats to Jose, but that is quite comical. Such an unpopular bad team gets a pretty unknown player voted in, its not Frank Thomas we are talking about.  First base has sure dropped off in the AL

Meanwhile in the NL, Aguilar and Muncy don't make it at all

“It means a lot when you realize all the time that has passed since the last White Sox [player] started in the All-Star Game … That made this moment even greater. Like I’ve always said, I like to represent this organization. I like to wear these colors. I always do my best to represent this team. It’s a really, really big honor. When you receive news like this, it’s like a relief. You are maybe having a tough time and you have news like this, it’s something that helps you to keep moving forward.”

• Like 2

It's laughable how bad the 1b is in the AL. Jose has been straight awful lately. He lucked out this year. Good thing he completely killed his trade value. I'm sure he'll play better in the second half when the deadline is over per usual

• Haha 1