7/9 Games

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is Adolfo injured?  He hasn’t played in a few days it seems.

Maybe he's getting ready to start playing the field again? And in order to do so he needs a few days off, or to get tested or something? I dunno

6 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Collins - 1/2, 3 BB 😍😍 But perhaps even more impressive, he stole his 5th base this season. I'm shocked he was even up to two bases, let alone 5. 

I can't wait for him. Obviously, when someone's sporting the best walk rate in the minors, the MLB philosophy would be "just throw him strikes". Then, bam, with his power and the juiced ball, watch him hit 30 bombs. He's gonna be a stud. I think he can even be a .235/.320/.440 guy right away, with gradual improvement 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I can't wait for him. Obviously, when someone's sporting the best walk rate in the minors, the MLB philosophy would be "just throw him strikes". Then, bam, with his power and the juiced ball, watch him hit 30 bombs. He's gonna be a stud. I think he can even be a .235/.320/.440 guy right away, with gradual improvement 

I think Carlos Santana is a good comp for Collins.

Lifetime .247 hitter, but .365 OBP. Good for 15.4% walk rate with about 25 dingers a year. The skillset where Collins will lag behind is strikeout rate because Santana only has a career  16.7% K-rate. Collins could be closer to 30%. But that still gets you a 2.5 to 3 WAR guy assuming Collins doesn't catch at all, or only a couple times a week.

• Like 1