Avisail Garcia to the 10 day DL

Balta1701

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

First thing I looked for this morning was an Avi placed on the DL thread, Wasn't there but now it is. I sure hope its not the go on the 10 day DL that turns into 60 days again. KInda blows that when he is showing the most power he ever has in a very short period of time that he reinjures the hammy. We can't have nice things.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And fathom come out of his corner jabbing furiously  !

We were saying it for the last few weeks. Sox beat writers were saying how bad his leg injuries still were but they kept putting him in the field. Just over last week, you had Avi with his hamstring and Jose with his foot injury on the field instead of one of them at DH.  It's similar to when Yoan had a few leg injuries and they sat him a game and first thing they do when he returns is get a steal sign and be aggravates the injury immediately.  Just some foolish decisions made this year for two guys that should be protected.

Edited by fathom

1 minute ago, fathom said:

We were saying it for the last few weeks. Sox beat writers were saying how bad his leg injuries still were but they kept putting him in the field. Just over last week, you had Avi with his hamstring and Jose with his foot injury on the field instead of one of them at DH.

Avi has hurt his hammy running out of the box this year.  Not sure DHing is going to give him any sort of relief

Just now, fathom said:

We were saying it for the last few weeks. Sox beat writers were saying how bad his leg injuries still were but they kept putting him in the field. Just over last week, you had Avi with his hamstring and Jose with his foot injury on the field instead of one of them at DH.

You mean there is an actual reason not to hustle 100% of the time ? Don't you know that hustle is the calling card of Mr. Renteria and nothing is as important  especially the health of 2 guys who you might want to trade ? Does anyone in Sox management ever think or possibly speak to our manager about such things ?

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Nah this was someone quoting a Sox reporter. That doesn't seem like their posting style

I remember because I quoted some stats on Avi from Merkin about since he got off the DL and was healthy and I'm pretty sure it was Greg who responded and said but he is not healthy and me thinking hmmm pretty odd to get factual info from Greg. Think it was in a game thread.

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Hope he gets better soon. This has been a bad year for injuries 

Just remember, at the big league level, we're still in the bottom 1/3 of the league for time spent on the disabled list. When you're planning your roster for the future, you should expect as much as 2x this amount of time on the disabled list for your competitive team.

• Thanks 1